Wrexham

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Wrexham

Postby Ed » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:56 pm

If they go bust this week, then could we have the 'Chester & Halifax ' problem yet again? Or will they go EvoStik South?
Ed

Postby critch » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:45 pm

Was wondering this, as geographically you'd suppose South but then again we've seen Chester and Colwyn Bay (to name two) placed in this division. Wrexham's further south though, closer to sides like Newcastle Town, Market Drayton, etc. Guess it depends on promotions/relegations and the FA's discretion.

Pff, hopefully we'll be promoted ourselves and not give one either way.
critch

Postby YOUNGZAC » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:13 am

I wonder if they ll be able financially to do what Chester et al have done. Others may know more.....
YOUNGZAC

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:16 am

With the fans starting a club?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ryan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:23 am

If we don't go up, I know I'm not alone in hoping we can have a season next time around with genuine Northern League clubs. This league is a bad one and we've shown no real potential of getting out of it at all until this year, but the likes of Skem have consistently been up there and had to play second fiddle to Telford, FCUM, Halifax and now Chester. That accounts for four teams that have probably been desperate to get out of this league. So let's hope we can have a "normal" league next year.

I'd boldly predict though that if Wrexham were to reform and Chester don't go up, Wrexham will go in the South.
Ryan

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:37 am

Or the Welsh Premier :lol:
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Locki » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:37 am

I expected Chester to be played on the so*th (miss spelt beca*se I'm missing a key on the comp*ter I'm working on, g*ess which one!) when they won their appeal as Cammell Laird and Witton Albion where both in that division the previo*s season.

No do*bt the FA will d*mp them in the north again!!!

We need to go *p this season, mind yo*, there are fo*r other teams thinking exactly the same!

Why isn't the Z key missing?
Locki

Postby man in the stand » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:59 pm

It is interesting that the Wrexham Supporters Trust do have the funds to pay the tax bill, but have decided they do not want their hard saved cash to go that way. Perhaps they do have other plans. Another question is, will we also be joined by AFC Accrington, AFC Stockport and AFC PNE!?
man in the stand

Postby The Chorley Hibee » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:08 pm

The whole system, regarding this, needs reviewing now, as I feel with the current climate we could see more professional teams going bust.

Any new teams, regardless of circumstance, should be placed at the bottom level and made to work their way up, not just dropped in around half way up/down the ladder, therefore hindering the progress of teams who have managed both their clubs and finances the correct way.

Clubs in our league are also be penalised, basically, for the geography of their club. Over the last few years all these newly formed and reformed clubs have ended up in the Northern section and each of these clubs have stopped the progress of another non league club up the ladder.
The Chorley Hibee

Re: Wrexham

Postby Shabba » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Ed wrote:If they go bust this week, then could we have the 'Chester & Halifax ' problem yet again? Or will they go EvoStik South?
Can you explain what the Chester halifax problem is (both fans run and funded)? Both clubs whilst in this league have behaved impeccably unlike other long standing clubs that could be mentioned including Chorley, have brought massive revenue to clubs who may have otherwise gone pop, have created big games for small clubs have created interest and promoted the league to a wider audience. This sort of small town/club attitude and mentality is one of the few things wrong with this league. You really think that it would have been right to start a club of Chesters size in step 5, 6 or 7 after what happened at Victory Park? Get real.
Shabba

Postby Ian R » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Behaved impeccably,typical big club attitude ignore everything to do with your club and blame all the other menial clubs,r u Fergie in disguise
Ian R

Postby Mick » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Can you explain what the Chester halifax problem is (both fans run and funded)? Both clubs whilst in this league have behaved impeccably unlike other long standing clubs that could be mentioned including Chorley, have brought massive revenue to clubs who may have otherwise gone pop, have created big games for small clubs have created interest and promoted the league to a wider audience. This sort of small town/club attitude and mentality is one of the few things wrong with this league. You really think that it would have been right to start a club of Chesters size in step 5, 6 or 7 after what happened at Victory Park? Get real.

The 'problem' is Shabba, is that there are a lot of clubs (Chorley included) who have been striving to get out of this league for years. Once in a blue moon one of these clubs may just have a fantastic season giving them a chance of winning the league. However if that season just so happens to co-incide with a 'big' club being dumped in their league then it comes across as being unfair. This is not a pop at Chester, what league you got put in is nothing to do with you, also, whatever league you had been put in the same 'problem' would occur in those leagues also.

Oh, and thank-you for being the saviour of our league and of the many clubs that would have gone out business if it wasn't for you. How on earth did we ever manage all these 128 years without you.
Mick

Postby Shabba » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Mick wrote:

The 'problem' is Shabba, is that there are a lot of clubs (Chorley included) who have been striving to get out of this league for years. Once in a blue moon one of these clubs may just have a fantastic season giving them a chance of winning the league. However if that season just so happens to co-incide with a 'big' club being dumped in their league then it comes across as being unfair. This is not a pop at Chester, what league you got put in is nothing to do with you, also, whatever league you had been put in the same 'problem' would occur in those leagues also.

Oh, and thank-you for being the saviour of our league and of the many clubs that would have gone out business if it wasn't for you. How on earth did we ever manage all these 128 years without you.
I would have been disappointed with any other response. You manage through having a deep pocketed benefactor and are an established club so there should be no excuses for not giving any newly formed club whose income is purely fan generated a run for their money, an even keel without doubt. Still no answer on where Chester and Halifax should have been put then? Truth still hurts Wrasse about what went on at VP. Good luck against Curzon, you will need it. Lets hope Fylde get through with us, nicest club out of all the play of sides by far :wink:
Shabba

Postby oki doki » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Shabba wrote:
Ed wrote:If they go bust this week, then could we have the 'Chester & Halifax ' problem yet again? Or will they go EvoStik South?
Can you explain what the Chester halifax problem is (both fans run and funded)? Both clubs whilst in this league have behaved impeccably unlike other long standing clubs that could be mentioned including Chorley, have brought massive revenue to clubs who may have otherwise gone pop, have created big games for small clubs have created interest and promoted the league to a wider audience. This sort of small town/club attitude and mentality is one of the few things wrong with this league. You really think that it would have been right to start a club of Chesters size in step 5, 6 or 7 after what happened at Victory Park? Get real.[/q

behave
oki doki

Postby oki doki » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Shabba wrote:
Mick wrote:

I would have been disappointed with any other response. You manage through having a deep pocketed benefactor and are an established club so there should be no excuses for not giving any newly formed club whose income is purely fan generated a run for their money, an even keel without doubt. Still no answer on where Chester and Halifax should have been put then? Truth still hurts Wrasse about what went on at VP. Good luck against Curzon, you will need it. Lets hope Fylde get through with us, nicest club out of all the play of sides by far :wink:

chorley dont have a benefactor as hemmings puts nothing into the club as far as im aware.
your team are an absolute disgrace,and i hope we meet again in the prem.i'm only sorry skem didn't win the league,a true footballing team with honour and discretion unlike you lot
oki doki

Postby Jeff » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Locki wrote:I expected Chester to be played on the so*th (miss spelt beca*se I'm missing a key on the comp*ter I'm working on, g*ess which one!) when they won their appeal as Cammell Laird and Witton Albion where both in that division the previo*s season.

We need to go *p this season, mind yo*, there are fo*r other teams thinking exactly the same!

If you press the i key for your missing key, you will be able to sing "I only have eyes for you"
Jeff

Postby Ryan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 pm

Shabba wrote:I would have been disappointed with any other response. You manage through having a deep pocketed benefactor and are an established club so there should be no excuses for not giving any newly formed club whose income is purely fan generated a run for their money, an even keel without doubt. Still no answer on where Chester and Halifax should have been put then? Truth still hurts Wrasse about what went on at VP. Good luck against Curzon, you will need it. Lets hope Fylde get through with us, nicest club out of all the play of sides by far :wink:

Your lot virtually guarantee the title and you're on here. Obsessed.
Ryan

Postby Ryan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:35 pm

Jeff wrote:
Locki wrote:I expected Chester to be played on the so*th (miss spelt beca*se I'm missing a key on the comp*ter I'm working on, g*ess which one!) when they won their appeal as Cammell Laird and Witton Albion where both in that division the previo*s season.

If you press the i key for your missing key, you will be able to sing "I only have eyes for you"

Ryan

Postby Jimianto » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:55 pm

oki doki wrote:
Shabba wrote:
Mick wrote:

chorley dont have a benefactor as hemmings puts nothing into the club as far as im aware.
your team are an absolute disgrace,and i hope we meet again in the prem.i'm only sorry skem didn't win the league,a true footballing team with honour and discretion unlike you lot

That seems a random and unfair statement! Why is Chester's team a disgrace?

PS If you think that Chester's visit to VP was trouble. Wr*ham will have what was 'on offer' in spades, should you be unfortunate enough to have them placed in your divison, whichever that may be!!
Jimianto

Postby Ian R » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Sad welsh *no swearing please* on our forum site again
Ian R

Postby Locki » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Shabba wrote:
Mick wrote:

Chester, Halifax, Telford and the rest should have started at the bottom of the football pyramid as Hereford United & Maidstone United had to name just two, and to show the contrast in success teams have when having to start at rock bottom.

There are plenty of clubs in this league and in the top level of the north west counties who have worked hard to be where they are. The current Chester club has no history and so has not earned the right to be where they are.

In answer to your question, North West Counties First Division, with the likes of Holker Old Boys & Daisy Hill.

FC United had to start there, so why not Chester?
Locki

Postby Ian R » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Et all
Ian R

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:46 am

Oh dear, here we go again....

Shabba, please do one because I can tell you're upset about something. Wonder if it's Sept 19th 2010?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:47 am

Locki wrote:
Shabba wrote:
Mick wrote:

Chester, Halifax, Telford and the rest should have started at the bottom of the football pyramid as Hereford United & Maidstone United had to name just two, and to show the contrast in success teams have when having to start at rock bottom.

There are plenty of clubs in this league and in the top level of the north west counties who have worked hard to be where they are. The current Chester club has no history and so has not earned the right to be where they are.

In answer to your question, North West Counties First Division, with the likes of Holker Old Boys & Daisy Hill.

FC United had to start there, so why not Chester?

Mark, like I've said before on another forum, its about what the new club is. A new club, it's start at the bottom. A reformed club, it's start the next level down in the lowest divison.

PS I'll lend you my U key
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Locki » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:13 am

Ian Livesey wrote:Mark, like I've said before on another forum, its about what the new club is. A new club, it's start at the bottom. A reformed club, it's start the next level down in the lowest divison.

My point is Hereford and Maidstone are both clubs that were reformed when a football league club dies. They didn't have the luxury of starting one step down, they've had to work their way up from the bottom, Hereford successfully, Maidstone not so.
Locki

Postby metz » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Chester is the last 'reformed' club which will be allowed to start once again at our level in the football pyramid.

I was under the impression that after this season, clubs will be forced to start at a different level - ie if Wrexham fold, they may have to start in a Welsh league
metz

Postby Ed » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Shabba wrote:

Shabba

Both Chester and Halifax would be most welcome so long as when we get an extra club the league or FA provide an extra promotion place so that two traditional non-league clubs go up. Skem and Curzon should have been up years ago, but have been trapped in this league. In fact most of us have been stuck down here as this league was formed by bottom half of Step 3 when Conference S & N started. Half our league were shifted down to Step 4, when not really relegated. Also we may be stuck with odd number (23) of teams which came about with LATE addition of Chester.
Ed

Postby Jue » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Locki wrote:
Ian Livesey wrote:Mark, like I've said before on another forum, its about what the new club is. A new club, it's start at the bottom. A reformed club, it's start the next level down in the lowest divison.

My point is Hereford and Maidstone are both clubs that were reformed when a football league club dies. They didn't have the luxury of starting one step down, they've had to work their way up from the bottom, Hereford successfully, Maidstone not so.

I didn't actually know this about Hereford and I lived there for 5 years! Still check their results though.
Jue

Postby mark » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 pm

What is all this nonsense about Hereford? Do you mean Aldershot Town? AFC Wimbledon?
mark
Site Admin

Postby PHAggy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 am

PHAggy

Next

Return to Other Football Chat