Jamie Rainford

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Jamie Rainford

Postby Jue » Tue May 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Chester have completed a decent signing - Although another striker seems pointless for them.
Jue

Re: Jamie Rainford

Postby PhilChester » Tue May 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Jue wrote:Chester have completed a decent signing - Although another striker seems pointless for them.

Why pointless Jue? We've got Simm, Wilde, Barlow and hopefully Rainford (terms only agreed with the club to date). I think that Kyle Wilson will move on, sadly, but most managers bang on about needing 4 good strikers on their books.
PhilChester

Postby Jue » Tue May 10, 2011 1:13 pm

I don't think he'd do well in the Chester side personally.
Jue

Postby Paul Speak » Tue May 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Jue :

I don't think he'd do well in the Chester side personally

Think Rainford would do well, This is the league in which he's proven already. Wont come cheap though, wouldn't have thought ... and Marine will certainly want a sell-on clause coz he was training with Notts County last season til Paul Ince got the chop !
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby reco » Tue May 10, 2011 2:19 pm

I seem to recall Barlow being a bit of a flop at Chester hardly played since his move to the Deva but maybe a pre season under his belt he might come good I think though this is a fantastic sgining for Chester a proven league scorer in the premier divsion.
reco

Postby PhilChester » Tue May 10, 2011 2:31 pm

reco wrote:I seem to recall Barlow being a bit of a flop at Chester hardly played since his move to the Deva but maybe a pre season under his belt he might come good I think though this is a fantastic sgining for Chester a proven league scorer in the premier divsion.

He's not been given a chance to be a flop yet Reco! NY said when he signed Barlow that he was a signing for next season as his fitness was nowhere near where it needed to be. This is the reason for his lack of appearances.
PhilChester

Re: Jamie Rainford

Postby we all love football » Tue May 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Jue wrote:Chester have completed a decent signing - Although another striker seems pointless for them.

pointless how did you work that one out. He a proven goalscorer.
Him wilde simm and barlow what a frontline that is.
we all love football

Postby reco » Tue May 10, 2011 3:22 pm

PhilChester wrote:
reco wrote:I seem to recall Barlow being a bit of a flop at Chester hardly played since his move to the Deva but maybe a pre season under his belt he might come good I think though this is a fantastic sgining for Chester a proven league scorer in the premier divsion.

He's not been given a chance to be a flop yet Reco! NY said when he signed Barlow that he was a signing for next season as his fitness was nowhere near where it needed to be. This is the reason for his lack of appearances.

Fair enough I have really be studying Chesters lines up recently so I wouldnt know who played but reading chester fan's tweets I never really seen him appear/score compared to at Trafford
reco

Return to Other Football Chat