RMI - RiP..?

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

RMI - RiP..?

Postby Zidane » Tue May 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Zidane

Postby Jeff » Tue May 31, 2011 2:53 pm

It is difficult for a club to keep going when they have no ground.
Jeff

Postby Leyther_Matt » Tue May 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Jeff wrote:It is difficult for a club to keep going when they have no ground.

Pretty much the root of all our problems to be honest Jeff.
Leyther_Matt

Postby reco » Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm

not entirely sure on ground rules but couldn't Chorley host them (seeing as we took half of there team this time last season) or is this more complicated.
reco

Postby Locki » Tue May 31, 2011 3:25 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:

What about the Leigh Miners Welfare ground, that should be up to NWC standard?
Locki

Postby Leyther_Matt » Tue May 31, 2011 3:36 pm

Locki wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:

What about the Leigh Miners Welfare ground, that should be up to NWC standard?

Not even close mate. There is only hard-standing around the ground with no terracing, stands or even turnstiles. Would leave us in the same problem of having no income other than gate receipts.
Leyther_Matt

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue May 31, 2011 8:00 pm

It's a shame. Looks if a buyer cannot be found between now and Midnight they will cease to be.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby reco » Tue May 31, 2011 10:10 pm

looks like Leigh Genesis is over
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/ ... enior-side link to Leyther Matts wonderful site
A big shame for the club hopefully a phoniax club will come out.
reco

Postby wrasse » Tue May 31, 2011 10:27 pm

it is a shame..its awful when small clubs try to keep their books balanced but are unable to acheive it. as for ground sharing surely they could of used wigans robin park.

wether theres 20, 200 or 2000 fans these clubs means so much to their supporters. like richard said lets hope theres a pheonix club
wrasse

Postby exile » Tue May 31, 2011 11:20 pm

I spoke to a few of their board members when they played Brig at the end of the season. They said then that they had a few difficult decisions to make and the future was far from certain.

The chairman also mentioned that another sides chairman had asked him to consider working with his team if Leigh went under...a side with a few links to Leigh...

I don't see the likelihood of a phoenix either, this club failed through lack of local interest despite the best intentions of the hardy few. If it does come back it won't be of any great shape and I somehow expect more of the fans who would have watched them to switch allegiances to other local sides. Its sad to say that but Leigh just never seemed to garner the standard of support that other phoenix sides had in their dying years.
exile

Postby PHAggy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:40 am

PHAggy

Postby Leyther_Matt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:58 am

wrasse wrote:it is a shame..its awful when small clubs try to keep their books balanced but are unable to acheive it. as for ground sharing surely they could of used wigans robin park.

wether theres 20, 200 or 2000 fans these clubs means so much to their supporters. like richard said lets hope theres a pheonix club

Sharing at Robin Park would be a non-starter to be honest as it's owned by Wigan MBC and, given their involvement with the Sports Village, we aren't exactly their favourite people! Same problem would exist of relying on gate receipts though which is pretty much the problem in the first place.
Leyther_Matt

Postby wrasse » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:01 pm

fair enough

maybe the fans can latch on to daisy hill, they are a nice club and need all the fans they can muster

i know that dosnt replace the loss of leigh but its a start for fans who love non league football..

i applaud all those concerned with rmi on the difficult times they faced, it must be heart breaking..best wishes for the future
wrasse

Postby Leyther_Matt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:31 pm

wrasse wrote:fair enough

maybe the fans can latch on to daisy hill, they are a nice club and need all the fans they can muster

i know that dosnt replace the loss of leigh but its a start for fans who love non league football..

i applaud all those concerned with rmi on the difficult times they faced, it must be heart breaking..best wishes for the future

Thanks for that, much appreciated. A few of us will be going to a few non-league games for a good day out and to thank clubs for their support over the years, while no doubt taking in the odd LR, Colls and Daisy Hill game.

One thing I am looking forward to is being able to go travel to more Hibs games without worrying about fixture clashes or who's doing what job in my absence etc. Every cloud and all that!
Leyther_Matt

Return to Other Football Chat