Irrelevant Big Red Club pointscoring

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Postby chorleyboy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:23 pm

peebles wrote:
Ed wrote:
toploader999 wrote:intresting one against fcunited at home on 1009. bolton play utd at home on the same day.

Probably will affect our Bolton supporters, rather than their support as doesn't matter to away fans whether United playing locally or down South. Perhaps even, as United have 90,000 supporters and Reebok only takes 30,000, we can expect a gate of 60,000 at VP from all those turned away from Reebok. Hope the butty hut is fully stocked.

More seriously, if United match is on before or after ours then Social Club could be buzzing.

It's a 5.30 kick off so no reason why you couldn't take in both games I guess.

Good news for landlords of pubs around VP with Sky too.

Latest is the polce have complained Bolton v United game on ESPN at 5 30 could cause trouble so they have asked it to be put back to a lunch time kick off as is usual for that fixture.
I never understand that as Man United get less tickets then anyone in the Premier League for away matches yet have more supporters and do United fans really care about travelling up North from London or Thailand to get involved in a ruck?
Or are there more United fans in the North than the insanely jealous people wish to believe?
chorleyboy
MIS Prediction League Winner 2008/09 and 2014/15

Postby Jeff » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:59 pm

chorleyboy wrote:
peebles wrote:
Ed wrote:
toploader999 wrote:intresting one against fcunited at home on 1009. bolton play utd at home on the same day.

Probably will affect our Bolton supporters, rather than their support as doesn't matter to away fans whether United playing locally or down South. Perhaps even, as United have 90,000 supporters and Reebok only takes 30,000, we can expect a gate of 60,000 at VP from all those turned away from Reebok. Hope the butty hut is fully stocked.

More seriously, if United match is on before or after ours then Social Club could be buzzing.

Latest is the polce have complained Bolton v United game on ESPN at 5 30 could cause trouble so they have asked it to be put back to a lunch time kick off as is usual for that fixture.
I never understand that as Man United get less tickets then anyone in the Premier League for away matches yet have more supporters and do United fans really care about travelling up North from London or Thailand to get involved in a ruck?
Or are there more United fans in the North than the insanely jealous people wish to believe?

United get less tickets for away games because their supporters persist in standing instead of sitting. No they don't come for a ruck but having got used to success and believing that that is their right, they are unable to accept it when events go against them. If Chorley have a good coming season following the last one, they may well experience this with their supporters.
Jeff

Postby chorleyboy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:43 am

Jeff wrote:
chorleyboy wrote:
peebles wrote:
Ed wrote:

United get less tickets for away games because their supporters persist in standing instead of sitting. No they don't come for a ruck but having got used to success and believing that that is their right, they are unable to accept it when events go against them. If Chorley have a good coming season following the last one, they may well experience this with their supporters.

Cant really beleive there is only United supporters who stand up at away grounds, I go United more or less every game, and since 1974 when I first started going, I have never seen Liverpool fans sat down at Old Trafford, most Premier League away supporters stand up throughout the match, in fact Liverpool fans stand up in the Kop every home game, seems a bit silly that, when after all it was 96 of their supporters who lost their lives at a football game standing, resulting in all seating being introduced.
Yet they dont have their away allocation cut.
chorleyboy

Postby chorleyboy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:36 pm

And surprise,surprise, Liverpool have cut Uniteds allocation from 3,000 to 1,975 on health and safety fears due to them standing during the game.
But still, the Kop will stand throughout the same game, mmm, hopefully United return the compliment for the match at Old Trafford.

You would think and hope Liverpool fans would sit during games, in respect for their fellow supporters who had thier lives cruelly cut short at Hillsborough.
chorleyboy

Postby peebles » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 pm

I don't have a problem with standing up.

However I went to Wembley to watch Bolton ( :oops: ) and was suffering with tonsilitis, so sat down & didn't see a thing. A blessing I suppose.

Made me think about youngsters & old folk, who pay good money, and prefer to sit down.

Top flight football supporters seem to be divided into the old guard from the 70's & 80's & the new Sky Sports style supporters and they are two polar opposites.

That's why I prefer Victory Park these days. If you want to sit, you can & if you want to stand, go ont terrace like me.
peebles

Postby 3G-CFC » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 pm

chorleyboy wrote:And surprise,surprise, Liverpool have cut Uniteds allocation from 3,000 to 1,975 on health and safety fears due to them standing during the game.
But still, the Kop will stand throughout the same game, mmm, hopefully United return the compliment for the match at Old Trafford.

You would think and hope Liverpool fans would sit during games, in respect for their fellow supporters who had thier lives cruelly cut short at Hillsborough.

or because of 19...
:roll:
3G-CFC

Postby 3G-CFC » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:13 pm

peebles wrote:That's why I prefer Victory Park these days. If you want to sit, you can & if you want to stand, go ont terrace like me.

I wanna stand but need to sit...
3G-CFC

Postby wrasse » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 pm

surely you dont mean juve.. :shock:

its should be an ex crowd that day wiv all the boltoners that now follow chorley! an esp wiv the vibes between man u and bolton, is got the makings of an huge crowd and hopefully fantastic game!!!

and just remember--chorley is and will always be a family club!
wrasse

Postby Gobsmacked » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Wasn't it the local police and Sun journalists who crushed the poor souls at Hillsborough?
Gobsmacked

Return to Other Football Chat