Division one musings

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Division one musings

Postby mark » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Bamber Bridge also won 6-0 tonight, at home to Clitheroe who were coming off the back of a very disappointing home defeat to Wakefield in their first game.

Warrington were perhaps surprisingly beaten at home 2-0 by Curzon in front of a pretty impressive crowd of 307, almost double the next largest crowd in the division. I think Warrington may well be promoted this season. Fylde and Skelmersdale, the other favourites for promotion, won their second game on the bounce.

I am so glad we are out of that division. Frickley and North Ferriby are nobody's idea of the big time but thus far I have been pleasantly surprised by the standard of football.
mark
Site Admin

Re: Division one musings

Postby Paul Brennan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:05 am

Apparently Warrington had several promotions last night including college students and Warrington Wolves season ticket holders being given free admission.They also gave free blue and yellow flags to all kids. Pretty enterprising and something we could emulate (flags I mean)

Looks like Fylde, Skem, Curzon, Warrington and pehaps Brig could be the top five -but Lancaster have started well and Hesketh knows what he's doing so ...

Good to see Lancashire clubs dominating -at least for now.
Paul Brennan

Return to Other Football Chat