Noorthwich Vics kicked out of stadium

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Noorthwich Vics kicked out of stadium

Postby Prodigal son » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:41 pm

See from Vics forum that the stadium has been sold and they must vacate it very soon, is this the end of the Vics? Very sad day for non league football.
Prodigal son

Re: Noorthwich Vics kicked out of stadium

Postby Locki » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:49 pm

A few good and cheap players to be picked off by rival clubs? Kyle Armstrong anyone?
Locki

Postby dave hindle » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Didn't he win the Tour de France a few years ago?! On yer bike.
dave hindle

Postby karl » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

we should try and get kyle armstrong definitly
karl

Postby metz » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Apparently Vics have now been allowed by the purchasers of the land to use the Victoria Stadium until the end of this season
metz

Postby 2 4 Joy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Good news for Vics fans, I am genuinely pleased for them . As a bonus we keep our 4 points against them!! Win Win!! ( or a draw and a win??)
2 4 Joy

Postby GRH39 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Richard Askam from BBC North West has tweeted to say

Expecting statement shortly on the next step for #NVFC. Could there still be room for compromise ?
GRH39

Postby Prodigal son » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:40 pm

Does not look good for Vics, their so called owner has turned down Thor's very good offer to allow them to play at VS till end of season at reduced rent and with rent money being given to "supporters fund" and also an offer to help them with costs of groundshare for next season, what is up with this clown?
Prodigal son

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:38 pm

THORS Statement...

The VICTORIA FOOTBALL STADIUM WINCHAM

Thor wishes to announce that it has now completed the purchase of the Victoria Stadium at
Wincham. However, Thor is disappointed to advise that negotiations with Northwich Victoria
(2007) Limited (the Club) which would have allowed the Club to use the stadium for the rest of
the season have broken down.

Thor has made every effort to assist the Club, but at the last
minute the Club changed what Thor believed to be an agreed deal and has rejected Thor’s
proposal.

The head-line terms of the proposal on offer by Thor were as follows:
1. The Club could continue to play at the Victoria Stadium for the remainder of the
season, including play-offs.

2. A reduced rent would have been charged.

3. Thor would have donated the rent to the supporters’ fund.

4. Thor would have been willing to discuss assisting with the cost of ground sharing
arrangements for next season.

5. Thor would have maintained and paid for security for ground access and would have
opened up at 8am each morning during the season and closed at 10pm. Where
there was a late kick-off, the ground would have remained open until midnight.

6. Northwich Victoria Developments Limited, Jim Rushe and the Club would have
agreed to vacate by the end of the season and the Club could, if it wished, have
removed the Dane Bank and the Victoria Stands. Thor however wanted to ensure
that, if the Club did remove the stands, they would only be used for the benefit of
Northwich Victoria in the future.

7. As part of the overall deal and as a gesture of good faith, the Club and Mr Rushe
would have agreed not to object to any future planning application.

8. An agreed press statement would have been issued outlining the deal and thanking
the parties for concluding negotiations in an amicable manner.

Beaconet Limited, the company owning the stadium, went into liquidation in January 2009.
Thor believes that the Club has had the opportunity to buy the site but has not done so. The
Receivers of Beaconet granted to Northwich Victoria Developments Limited, a company of
which Mr Rushe is a director, a licence in August last year allowing use of the stadium, but
this could be ended by the Receiver on 3 days’ notice.

The Club was allowed to play last Saturday’s match at the stadium as a gesture of good faith
by Thor to the Club in the hope that a deal could be concluded for the rest of the season.
Thor regrets the action of the Club in not agreeing to the deal proposed, as a result of which
the Club will now not be able to play at the stadium.

Thor is happy to meet with
representatives of the Club’s supporters to explain the situation and its rejected offer in more
detail. Thor has now been placed in a position where it has had to withdraw an offer which it
had no obligation to make in the first place.

Thor is a British owned company. It has purchased the ground in good faith in order to
expand its business which will be of benefit to the local community.

Date of release: 31 January 2012
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Jue » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Sounds like Northwich Vics Chairman, is an idiot for not agreeing those terms!
Jue

Postby Paul Speak » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:58 pm

"Jue"

Sounds like Northwich Vics Chairman, is an idiot for not agreeing those terms!

On the face of the 'Thor' statement i would certainly agree with Jue.

However Vics' recent history (last 10 years) seems to be have been a saga of 'financial episodes' ...
a case of, in the non-league pyramid, is it best to 'bite the bullet' at certain times or view status in
the pyramid as sacred ? Had vics not moved from the Driil Field to protect their 'Blue Square Prem'
status and accepted their 'natural level' (regional, BSN) then maybe the club would have had a more
stable recent history. Remember how Fleetwood and Accrington have dropped to NWCL football to
restructure ... and more ! In Chorley's case ... despite our recent financial misfortune (?) ... i'm
happy that Ken Wright doesn't run our club to benefit his personal ego, but as a true football guy !

Vics, as is the way in football i guess, will be receiving very little sympathy from Witton fans at the
moment :P ... infact i would imagine many Vics players will be 'targeted' by ambitious clubs in the
region in the next month or so. Myself, while feeling for Vics fans (put ourselves in their shoes), i'm
not sure i wish them to continue at this level (ground-sharing etc) ... maybe its time for them to
re-form and work their way back ? ... but, then, how many more clubs does this apply to in reality !
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby reco » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:02 pm

CBA creating a new thread but Paul Simpson is the new boss at Northwhich Vics a great appointment for them.
reco

Postby Paul Speak » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:22 pm

"reco"

' Paul Simpson is the new boss at Northwhich Vics a great appointment for them '

It is in the circumstances ... and surprising considering Preece's reasons for leaving !
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby mark » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:09 pm

I've never understood why Vics bothered building a new ground when they moved out of the town. As anyone who has been will know, their stadium is about 400 yards from Witton's ground and a mile from the back end of nowhere. It's in the middle of a heavy industrial estate: an appalling location for a ground. There's no public transport and no facilities apart from the ground itself.

Why they didn't move in with Witton I'll never understand. Or if they were going to build a new ground, somewhere else in Northwich would have been a much better idea.

There might have been a point in Northwich having two non-league clubs once upon a time, but when the only difference is where you turn off some country road miles out of town, the point seems to have been missed.

The Drill Field was a historic venue - it was the oldest continuously occupied ground in the world - and had period charm and a good central location. The new ground has nothing going for it at all as far as I can see and will be no loss to me as an away fan. I hope Vics can find a way out of this, but if it doesn't involve sharing with Witton it's likely to be short-lived.
mark
Site Admin

Postby reco » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:08 pm

simple reason Witton and Vics hate each other as why they didnt move in
reco

Postby Jue » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Here is the truths re ground share with witton last time they rented in the BSP, Northwich did the following to us:- cheques unpaid & continually bouncing,v**s groundsman was paid to help out from our rent money & refused to do it cos it was "the enemys pitch" !!, our chairman at the time Mike Worthington was refused entry on more than one occasion by burly stewards !!, our groundsman also told to get off the pitch whilst trying to repair divots at ht!!, damage ie broken toilets & graffiti on a match by match basis & a million & one minor rows over this & that esp with Mike Connet, we bent over backwards cos wen the stadium wasnt finished at the start of the following season we said carry on until it is despite us wanting our facilities back, we also let out our club rooms free of charge 4 meetings etc & provided food!! Am not posting to av a go am jus asking you to consider the other side of this groundshare, the current reason 4 this season is genuine i.e. we got too many games on it i.e. Thur reserves, fri college, sunday youth. Mon Macc Town, Tue chesh' fa, Wed 1st team, sat 1st team!!!!! good luck in finding somewhere to all the fans but pls dont blame a well run football club 4 not helping out, we tried that & got criticized 4 it!!!!!

This is why they won't groundshare.
Jue

Postby tumbleweed » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:57 pm

BBC Radio Manchester today, Northwich council have loaned Vic's £182,000 ...........what they gona do with it ?
tumbleweed

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Jim Rushe's back pocket?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:07 pm

£182,000 is a lot of money. You sure you got that right tumbleweed?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby tumbleweed » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Unless my hearing aids faulty, heard by another person aswell, but please check before i order a new battery :?
tumbleweed

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:51 pm

News to some Vics fans aswell! I think you got a scoop there, tw!
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:56 am

Battery's on order for you TW!

http://bit.ly/ydYYXj
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby tumbleweed » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Sorry guys, seems like Ian was right :roll: :roll: New battery on order, dear me.
tumbleweed

Return to Other Football Chat