Northwich Groundshare

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Northwich Groundshare

Postby john joe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:52 pm

NVST Forum.

Northwich Victoria Supporters Trust, reports...

Northwich to groundshare for the remainder of this season and next season ???? at Skelmersdale.
john joe

Re: Northwich Groundshare

Postby metz » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:55 pm

According to the same forum Skem's ground does not meet the standard of a BSN club. If this is the case would they be eligible to compete in the playoffs, assuming they finish in the top 5?
metz

Postby Locki » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:25 pm

metz wrote:According to the same forum Skem's ground does not meet the standard of a BSN club. If this is the case would they be eligible to compete in the playoffs, assuming they finish in the top 5?

My understanding is that they have to have a ground share agreement in place by March 31st for the whole of next season at a ground that on March 31st meets Blue Square North ground grading requirements.

IF Skem isn't up to the standard (Vauxhall Motors isn't much difference as is a BSN ground) then they won't be eligable to take a promotion place. IF they finish top, second will be automatically promoted, and if they finish anywhere in the top 5 then whoever is 6th in the league will take Northwich's place in the play-offs, where the same rules for home advantage will apply.

April 1st will be a very interesting day!
Locki

Postby Jue » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:09 am

According to some people on NLZ, a certain number of seats are needed to obtain the correct ground grading for BSN. Skem would fall short of this total, so they say.
Jue

Postby reco » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:27 am

I believe, Jue that they are correct think Cowlyn bay are in the same postion you need 500? seats in a ground for BSN standard if i remember rightly from what was said in the statment by Cowlyn Bay
also mentioned that they could be relegated as far back as the North-West Counties next season if they don't install the seats. Again if I recall rightly
reco

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:45 am

NATIONAL GROUND GRADING - CATEGORY B
(Appropriate to NLS Step 2 – Football Conference North and South)

1.1 Security of Tenure
The club must either:
(a) own the freehold of the ground, or
(b) As at 31 March in any year, have a lease for the ground that extends for a
minimum of the next full playing season, or
(c) possess an agreement for the use of the ground which is acceptable to The Football
Association and The Football Conference or the league of which it is a member.

1.2 Ground Share
Ground sharing is permitted in accordance with the provisions of individual league rules and the Regulations
for the Establishment and Operation of the National League System.

and

2.1 Spectator Accommodation

The minimum covered accommodation must be 500, of which at least 250 shall be seats located in
one stand. These seats may be inclusive of Directors/Committee and press seating.

These are the same rules as in Category C (Step 3 (the one we're in now))
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:53 am

Skem have a capacity of 2,500, not sure how many seats though
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby jaykay » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:24 pm

I thought Burscough were ground sharing with Skem? or are they moving to another ground?
jaykay

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Burscough have moved back to their original home (Victoria Park)
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Now they've been told if they finish either second or third in the playoffs, they'd have to play their semi-final away.

Northwich Victoria are unlikely be able to pick which pitch they play on if they finish in a play-offs position in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Premier Division rewarded with home advantage.

League bosses have said that unless guests are hosted at the same ground for the remainder of the campaign, then the homeless club would have to hit the road to earn promotion.

“The rules are clear,” said a spokesman for the Northern Premier League.

“Should a club that has qualified to play at home in the play-offs semi-finals, or final, isn’t able to host the game at their normal ground, then the tie will be switched to that their opponents.”

Northwich are placed second in the standings with ten matches left, a finishing position that would normally make them hosts for a play-offs semi-final.

Would be good news for us if we were to finish 4th with them in 3rd, or us 5th and them 2nd. We'd have home advantage.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Locki » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:40 am

Ian Livesey wrote:Now they've been told if they finish either second or third in the playoffs, they'd have to play their semi-final away.

Northwich Victoria are unlikely be able to pick which pitch they play on if they finish in a play-offs position in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Premier Division rewarded with home advantage.

League bosses have said that unless guests are hosted at the same ground for the remainder of the campaign, then the homeless club would have to hit the road to earn promotion.

“The rules are clear,” said a spokesman for the Northern Premier League.

“Should a club that has qualified to play at home in the play-offs semi-finals, or final, isn’t able to host the game at their normal ground, then the tie will be switched to that their opponents.”

Northwich are placed second in the standings with ten matches left, a finishing position that would normally make them hosts for a play-offs semi-final.

Would be good news for us if we were to finish 4th with them in 3rd, or us 5th and them 2nd. We'd have home advantage.

This same thing happened a few years back with Gateshead, who couldn't play at home in the play-offs due to an athletics meeting or something taking place at their stadium. They thought they could share with South Shields instead, but the league refused and they had or forfeit home advantage to 5th in the league... Us! We beat them in the semi then of course lost at Radcliffe in the final on pens.
Locki

Postby mark » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:08 pm

I hope the venue is decided a bit further in advance this time. As I recall it was in some doubt whether we would be at home or away until the day before the match.

I wonder if Northwich will keep going next season in any case? They must be nearing the point where it's better to tear it up and start again from scratch.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Paul Speak » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:31 pm

"mark"

They must be nearing the point where it's better to tear it up and start again from scratch

Agree with Mark here, as i expressed in another Vics related thread. NVST (their supporters trust)
have issued a statement today which seems to be saying they wish to take over the ownership and
management of NVFC ... They state a similar situation to that of FC United.

I'm wondering what level 'Vics' intend plsaying at next season bearing in mind the ground-share
issues too ... BSN, Evostik Prem, NWCL Div 2 ??? I wish them good luck in surviving, but really its
only fair on Us, BPA, FCUM, Hednesford and Marine to know ASAP the end of season situation. As
Locki stated, hopefully 1st / 2nd April will shed some light on it ... any later and its gonna
be a shambles.
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby Paul Speak » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:59 am

Vics are making an official statement re their groundshare for next neason later today ... On Twitter :

'Agreement in place for groundshare at another EPL ground '
Paul Speak

Postby mark » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:10 pm

English Premier League? Stoke perhaps? Nantwich more likely I suppose.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Paul Speak » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Rumoured to be Stafford ... No official statement yet.
Paul Speak

Postby Prodigal son » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:18 pm

If its Stafford then that would not be economically viable for them either, they are struggling gatewise at home let alone when they are playing away at home! Its my guess that they end up either as a split club, i.e. a Phoenix club formed and playing in NWCL and the original club struggling on then folding or just as a Phoenix club.
Prodigal son

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:49 pm

http://nonleaguezone.com/viewtopic.php? ... 8&start=60

take a look here. Makes for interesting reading
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Other Football Chat