Lee Ashcroft

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Lee Ashcroft

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:37 pm

has left crisis club Kendal Town.... to join, crisis club Northwich Victoria :shock:
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Re: Lee Ashcroft

Postby Ryan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:00 pm

I can't say I'm completely au fait with the situation at Kendal other than I remember reading a plea from them to us to not drink in the clubhouse on our last league visit because of some shabby treatment over the ground. I have ever maintained a passing interest in Vics because they are close by, I used to work in Northwich, my wife works there now etc etc etc and quite frankly why anyone would want to go and work for it with Jim Rushe is completely beyond my understanding.
Ryan

Postby Locki » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:30 pm

"Out of they frying pan" comes to mind!
Locki

Postby John Wells » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:53 pm

I notice 7 Kendal players have now signed for Northwich.
John Wells

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:10 am

Joshua Amis
Joe Bunney
Jack Duggan
Scott Harries
Ian Kilford
Kevin Leadbetter
Alex Taylor
Danny Wisdom
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Paul Speak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Vics have today signed Jamie Rainford ! Owner insolvent, No ground, Gates of less than 100
and they sign a player reportedly on £700 per week, 18 months ago, at Chester ! :? :? :?

Ashton Utd have signed striker Dennis Sherriff from Stalybridge ... A squad of 25 and 125
supporters ... :?

I'm going away to see if i can think of what is actually happening in non-league football !
Thoughts Anybody ?
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby tumbleweed » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:40 pm

If he was worth 700 quid a week and doing his job to warrant that dosh, then you think Chester wouldn't have released him, ( that's if he was released ). So maybe he wasn't worth it, hence Northwitch get a player with SUPOSEDLY a good reputation at a knock down price, ie, wages. NO manager, cum, club, release their best players if they are intent on going for promotion. Money or success , money or success , can't have both, look how many top clubs, ( premiership ) inc are in debt. It's a fine balance. I'm sure Garry could have taken offers on some of our better player's, BUT, would you want a better bank balance or, promotion .? Now that is the question, answers on a post card please.........................( this should fun ) :D :D :D
tumbleweed

Postby Paul Speak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 pm

"tumbleweed"

If he was worth 700 quid a week and doing his job to warrant that dosh, then you think Chester
wouldn't have released him, ( that's if he was released ). So maybe he wasn't worth it, hence
Northwitch get a player with SUPOSEDLY a good reputation at a knock down price, ie, wages

You're quite right, T/W, he has had a chequered 2 years since leaving Marine and his stock has
certainly declined ... My point was, generally, a bemusement at non-league finances and using
the cases of Vics and AUFC as examples of ' hefty ' wage bills on gates of less than 150.
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby tumbleweed » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Yip Paul, can't sustain good wages on crowds of that colossal magnitude !!!! :shock:
tumbleweed

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:02 am

Ashton or Northwich haven't had £70k stolen.

Ashton don't pay wages about £120 and have no-one on contract and don't pay transfer fee's. They also have a board and management squad who are good at what they do and are a very persuasive bunch, then could sell sand to the arabs I've heard, so they'll keep giving the club the big sell in order to entice the big names. Plus Dennis Sherriff hasn't featured much for Stalybridge, in the past 8 games he's only been on the bench twice and played about 3 minutes football in that time.

As for Jamie Rainford, well, he's a **** apparantly, and rarely settles at one club.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Other Football Chat