Micky Mellon

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Micky Mellon

Postby mike1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Fleetwood's 'Abramovich' seems to have been shamefully trigger-happy in sacking a manager who has lifted the Cod club from relative obscurity to the big time in quick style. What more could Mellon have done? It's not even as if Fleetwood are out of the promotion race in their first season in the Football League! I suppose it's a millionaire's prerogative to hire and fire on a whim and to demand success after success but it does appear to show a complete lack of gratitude for what Micky Mellon has done. Perhaps the loss of Jamie Vardy has caused Fleetwood to misfire to a degree but the likes of Vardy don't come along every year.
Mind you, many of us said the same thing when Tony Greenwood surprisingly got the bullet at Fleetwood after achieving a promotion. So there's history attached to the ruthless Mr Pilley. But what price human decency?
mike1

Re: Micky Mellon

Postby dave hindle » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Quite right, Mick. Couldn't give a stuff about Fleetwood to be honest, but this is, as Mike says, a Chelsea-type piece of work. The report on the Fleetwood website is terse to put it mildy. Disgraceful, and it just shows how even in the lower reaches, football ethic's are those of an alley cat. No doubt the Flitcroft rumours will now start again!!
dave hindle

Re: Micky Mellon

Postby mark » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Terse? I think it's worth quoting in full.
Mellon leaves Town
Contract terminated following cup exit

Fleetwood Town wish to announce that manager Micky Mellon’s contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

The club would like to place on record our sincere appreciation for what he has achieved during his time with the club.

Jesus! Mellon must be fuming at that. What a lack of gratitude.

Fleetwood will go bust the day after that fellow gets bored with them. I feel sorry for the 150 or so people who have supported them through thick and thin.
mark
Site Admin

Return to Other Football Chat