AFC Fylde v. Frickley Athletic

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

AFC Fylde v. Frickley Athletic

Postby mike1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:40 pm

It appears that AFC £ylde's attempts to beat the weather and stage today's match were finally in vain. After volunteers had manfully cleared most of the snow from the pitch this morning it was found to be very soggy underneath. Efforts therefore fruitless as the game was called off at midday. But what of Frickley's inconvenience? Presumably they would have set off from south Yorkshire by then - or would at least have gathered their squad together for departure. This sort of thing is annoying for the travelling club, to say the least - and costly. £ylde's approach to this match showed a definite lack of class, I'm afraid. Sometimes you have to accept the uncontrollable weather conditions at our level and wait for another day, as all the other Premier Division home clubs did. Like the Frickley site's announcement : 'Despite valiant attempts to get today's game OFF, it has finally succumbed to the weather'. Nice one.
mike1

Re: AFC Fylde v. Frickley Athletic

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:00 pm

What they say is, clearing the pitch of snow will increase the chances of the next game being on as it won't be able to get more waterlogged than it was. They're also scared that a backlog of games will mean they may have to play Saturday Tuesday for a while. A for effort though.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Re: AFC Fylde v. Frickley Athletic

Postby JP » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:31 am

I was tempted to go and watch this game. Looks like i made the right decision catching the train up to Lancaster City instead. :)
JP
MIS Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Return to Other Football Chat