Fylde put all contracted players up for transfer/loan

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Fylde put all contracted players up for transfer/loan

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:02 am

Shocking news:

http://www.afcfylde.co.uk/latest-news/a ... ry/009.php

AFC Fylde Manager Dave Challinor has issued a warning to his players that recent performances have not been good enough and wants an immediate turnaround in results.

After the dissapointing defeat to FC United of Manchester on Saturday, Challinor has said: "I have circulated the names of all the contract players and made them available for loan or permanent transfer. This is by no means a knee jerk reaction and I've explained the reason behind it to the players. I'm sick to death of feeling that I have more desire to be successful and win than them. The season so far has by no means been a failure and we've still plenty to play for but I want players that are hungry and ultimately want to run through walls for me."

His frustration was highlighted further when he added: "In turn, the people running the club and the supporters deserve players that will give their all when they pull the shirt on. Don't get me wrong, I hate losing but can accept it if we are beaten by the better team. On Saturday and in all honesty, too many times this season we've been out-worked by teams with nowhere near the quality we have and that for me is unacceptable."

He went on to say: "The players have had plenty of warning, it's for them to show now how much they want to be part of what we're trying to achieve here and if not, they'll be out. This starts at Hednesford tomorrow night where there will be changes and we'll be looking for a reaction.

"As a relatively new manager, I'm always learning and attempting to improve and make myself the best I can be. I want to manage at the highest possible level and expect the same of my players. The bedrock of this is hard work and being able to do what is asked and expected of you."
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Re: Fylde put all contracted players up for transfer/loan

Postby Locki » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Is the bubble bursting on t'other side of the Ribble?
Locki

Postby Paul Speak » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 pm

"Locki"

Is the bubble bursting on t'other side of the Ribble?

I also wondered, Locki, if theres more to this than appears from £yldes statement;
When leaving K.P last week we overheard a conversation between 2 of their players
revolving around ' wage payments ' ..... :shock:
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Have to laugh at this statement :

I want to manage at the highest possible level

So he left a team heading for the Blue Square North to manage a team (then) two division's below.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Jeff » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Perhaps the Fylde players can't throw the ball far enough.
Jeff

Postby Locki » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:11 pm

And to add to their 'woes', tonight match at Hednesford has been postponed due to snow adding to their home game against Frickey which needs to be rescheduled due to their LFA Trophy progress. Lots of games to fit in with a potentially decreasing squad!
Locki

Postby reco » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:34 pm

think they are playing tuesday thursday saturday from now till the end of the season
oh it makes me laugh to hear them sing your not going up at their place a forthnight ago and it seems neither are they.
reco

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 pm

reco wrote:think they are playing tuesday thursday saturday from now till the end of the season
oh it makes me laugh to hear them sing your not going up at their place a forthnight ago and it seems neither are they.

God, that match seems like 10 years ago not 10 days ago
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby mark » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:28 am

It will be interesting to see how many of those players can secure a contract elsewhere. It has been stated on here that good players at our level must be placed on contract or they will leave for a contract elsewhere. This will be an interesting test of that assertion.

I appreciate it's a long shot but I'd like to see Adam Farrell turning out for Chorley again. He'd make a good partner for Darren Stevenson.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Paul Speak » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:54 pm

"mark"

It has been stated on here that good players at our level must be placed on contract or they will leave
for a contract elsewhere. This will be an interesting test of that assertion

It wont, Mark ... A test of that assertion would actually be if we, for example, made an approach for a
non - contract player. The players made available by £ylde ( contracted ) would either leave
a) for a fee ( could be non-contract at the buying club ) b) by mutual termination of £ylde contract or
c) loan.

I appreciate it's a long shot but I'd like to see Adam Farrell turning out for Chorley again. He'd make a
good partner for Darren Stevenson

Agree ! I'd not be unhappy to see any of Adam Farrell, Ben Whiteside, Michael Taylor or Michael Barnes
turning up at V.P !
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Return to Other Football Chat