Neil Young leaves Chester

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Neil Young leaves Chester

Postby reco » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:36 pm

http://www.chesterfc.com/news/article/n ... 81237.aspx
An average season after 3 great seasons seems strange that he is going.

Whatever our thoughts are of Chester I thought he did a great job and shocked that it is now he is going.
reco

Re: Neil Young leaves Chester

Postby metz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm not shocked at all that he is going.

Young was on a year long sabbatical from his employer to take up the full time post as manager of Chester. The break from Merseyrail is due to end in May and he must have been thinking about whether to return or to stay in football.

With Chester's current position in the league, where there is a chance of relegation come May or a fight to stay in the Conference, Young must be thinking of the best interest of his family and a guaranteed salary back at work. There is no guarantee that he would have kept the Chester post for the start of next season. Although he has had a fantastic record since Chester reformed with an enviable three back to back promotions, he is not proven at the current level and therefore could have been without a regular wage coming in.

I think we have not seen the last of Young and think he will return to the game as manager somewhere in the EvoStik or Skrill North - I would have thought that plenty of clubs will be chomping at the bit to sign a man of his calibre - any clubs in our league with plenty of £££££s to spend and a manager in a precarious position anyone? You read it here first :wink:

Good luck to Neil in the future - he has certainly carved his name firmly into the history of the reformed Chester FC
metz

Return to Other Football Chat