Skem ground grading

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Skem ground grading

Postby metz » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Just read an interesting titbit on Skem's forum:

' ... I would like to ask everybody out there if you have any spare time over the next few weeks, to assist down at the Stadium, to make sure that all the necessary work that is required for our Ground Grading requirements are met, and completed, before the deadline date of March 31st, it is vital that we have this extra help, so please do your very best ... so we can organise the relevant work schedule.'

' ... Can I say this is a must THIS IS TO STAY IN THIS DIVISION (prem)'

Obviously it would be a huge shame for Skem and everyone connected with the club, should they not meet the necessary grading by the required date, especially as they have surpassed all expectations on the pitch this season.

Does anybody know what will happen should the ground grading not be reached by March 31st? Is there an appeals process? Would this mean automatic relegation to Evo1N? What happens to the points and goals for/against which other clubs have amassed against them? Could we have a similar scenario to that when Northwich Vics folded a couple of seasons ago which meant that the team in sixth spot suddenly made the playoffs (should Skem be in the top 5 still by the end of March?)

Anyone got any paracetamol?
metz

Re: Skem ground grading

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:26 pm

If their ground isn't up to code on Mar 31st, then they'll be demoted. Points gained against them will stand, the promotion will fall to the next placed team below them (if they finish top). Remember Northwich the year they weren't allowed to play in the Play-Offs? It's a bit like that, but instead of it being end of March as you say, the full season will be played.

Everyone has a season's (or as near as) grace. North Ferriby are having to do some work on theirs to stay in the Skrill North.

That's what I like about Victory Park, it's a ground that is ready(ish) for Conf Prem football.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby reco » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Apart from car-parking
You should hear my mum go on about the parking before the game against Buxton when we went to pick some stuff up ahead of christmas.
reco

Postby Igrapop » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:26 am

maybe rather than gloating we should be organising ourselves and offering our services to help #nplfamily
Igrapop

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:32 am

Woubt they help us if we needed it?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby wrasse » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:25 pm

you would like to think so ian, we are all part of the grass routes football family
unfortunately we have work of our own to do and always seek volunteers

I was talking to skem officials watching us at the witton game last week, all of them very polite and friendly. nice club and officials
wrasse

Return to Other Football Chat