League Attendances

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

League Attendances

Postby charnock1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:55 pm

As its a quiet Monday night, thought I'd do a little research.

Now then - there were many on here who not that long ago would take great delight in deriding AFC Fylde of their ambition and in particular
their lack of fans. All of a sudden I see that their home average attendance is over 250 greater than ours.

Not only that we have played most of our traditional big hitters in FC and Stockport already along with newcomers Salford - so with what remains there doesn't seem to be too much chance to increase our average.

How have Fylde managed to do this ??
charnock1

Re: League Attendances

Postby magpie1875 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Karl Oyston has done all the hard work for them
magpie1875

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:04 pm

Why are we talking about AFC Fylde on the Chorley forum. I'm moving this to the Other Football Chat.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Jue » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:04 pm

A post with "AFC Telford" in the title get's moved to the CFC part of the forum, yet a post about league attendance's get's moved here? :roll:

I think the question with how they managed to do that links in with.. How the heck can we do the same?
Jue

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:28 am

I didn't move the Telford thread. Still not sure why we're talking about Fylde's attendances. Attendances don't win games anyway.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Paul Brennan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:06 pm

According to http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/turnstile.php?s=2012 we have had a 33% increase -and still to play Kidderminster, Halifax, Darlington,Alty, Telford and, of course, Fylde, at home.

Fylde have had a 206% increase -but from a very low base. New stadium with good parking and just off the motorway, top of the league and scoring for fun -they were bound to improve.

CFC's year on year increase is very impressive IMHO -just looks a little disappointing because we are in much the best supported league after the Conference-11 teams in the top 30.
All we can do is keep winning, keep being a welcoming club and keep getting that message out to the town and borough. COYM.
Paul Brennan

Postby charnock1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:37 am

Think I am on the same wavelength as Jue here

The question was / is quite simple - how have Fylde done it and how can we learn from them

Seems the club have and are now looking to explore this avenue

Looks like I was ahead of the game and right again

Muchas Gracias
charnock1

Postby magpie1875 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:59 am

we did it before them http://www.chorleyfc.com/index.php/club/ground

they've increased on the back of blackpool's demise and having a brand new shiny toy (mill farm) that will attract extra supporters - if we have a spare £16m to build a new ground then i'm sure we'd pick up a few curious new supporters too.

our avg attendance from ows and so far this season were averaging 1300+ BEFORE fylde, darlo, kiddy, and halifax all come to our place so we could still finish the season with a better average then fylde
magpie1875

Return to Other Football Chat