P*ssing my sides here!

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

P*ssing my sides here!

Postby Gobsmacked » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:19 pm

As some know, as well as the Magpies I am (along with the rest of my family) a life-long ManU fan. Today was our annual guaranteed three pointer away from home at Anfield. Now, we have all heard of "bogey teams", but at 48 years old even I am struggling to remember more than a couple of occasions when the scousers have managed to beat us. I have just been reading the match thread on the premier unofficial Liverpool forum and it is apparent that most of the scousers can't remember beating us too often either. This is just one posting:

They do a job on us every season and we've no antidote. Bored of it. Bored with sky & their grand slam. Bored with losing to them. Bored of them winning the league. Which they will do so again because they've the best team and manager in england.

Only hope the Scottish *no swearing please* croaks it before they overhaul our league total. But I don't think he will - they'll hit 19 before the decade's over - we'lll stay on 18.

Totally *no swearing please* off. Write the script every year. They're a great side - pity about their *no swearing please* support.

Wankers, but they *no swearing please* all over us all the time.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... 202439.960
Gobsmacked

Postby Gobsmacked » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:03 pm

I wouldn't say we saw a passing bandwagon, Jeff, as we aren't really old enough to remember pre-1970, but we supported United through the 70s/80s when they were *no swearing please*.

I suppose everybody (well nearly everybody) has a favourite League side. You would be amazed (unless you spend a lot of time in the place) how many people in Essex support Liverpool. Where is the connection there? At least Manchester is only twenty miles down the road, not two hundred. Still, I suppose that as they won everything in the 70s/80s they were a magnet for glory-hunters, no matter where they came from.
Gobsmacked

Postby Magpie+Baggie » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:38 am

Even back in the late 70's :

Did you see Regis and Cunningham rip you to shreds in a great -

MAN UTD... 3
WEST BROM... 5

SUCH WAS LIFE! I was there!
Magpie+Baggie

Postby Gobsmacked » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:05 pm

Magpie+Baggie wrote:Even back in the late 70's :

Did you see Regis and Cunningham rip you to shreds in a great -

MAN UTD... 3
WEST BROM... 5

Well, I don't particularly remember that match, but that scoreline doesn't surprise me because as I admitted in an earlier post United were *no swearing please* throughout the 70s/80s. No disrespect to West Brom of course.

SUCH WAS LIFE! I was there!

Eh? Are you reincarnated, Jack? How could you be there if you are only 13 in this life?

:?:
Gobsmacked

Postby Magpie+Baggie » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:02 am

I was just -16.
Magpie+Baggie

Return to Other Football Chat