Value For Money

Talk about anything in football not related to Chorley FC

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Value For Money

Postby Lawsyd » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:29 pm

It's no wonder many of us choose to come & watch Chorley. Yesterday evening I received a Tweet from Accy Stanley as I'm a follower of their club president - David Lloyd. The Tweet invited me to go & see Accy on Saturday against Plymouth for the princely sum of £20. So here we are looking at a league match only two levels above Chorley & I'm being asked for £20 - they have an 'oldies' reduction, but it doesn't kick-in until age 65, which is still 3 1/2 years off for me. Sorry Accy (& I do have a genuine soft spot for you having worked in the town for three years in the 90s, as well as having friends who are Stanley season-ticket holders) but as my wife & I can go to Victory Park for the FA Cup qualifier for less than your 65 year old's concession, I know which represents better value for money*. I realise that the likes of Accy have to grab every penny they can, but when will some of the smaller league clubs understand that if they want to attract a bigger gate (& thus get fans spending on programmes, or in the tea-rooms) they shouldn't be charging such exorbitant entrance fees.

*Going to Accy on Saturday was never ever on my agenda with Chorley having the cup-tie, but if Chorley had been playing away it might have been a tempter - until you look at how much they charge to get in.
Lawsyd

Re: Value For Money

Postby Jue » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:25 pm

All the more reason to join the Trust! Many supporters trusts have inputs when their clubs are setting prices and can also arrange competition to ensure valuable football is achieved at this level! :mrgreen:

Lawsyd, not a dig at you as you're already a member. :)
Jue

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:48 am

That's why Chorley are different. No doubt though when we get in League 2 it might be a similar price ;)
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Lawsyd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Jue wrote:All the more reason to join the Trust! Many supporters trusts have inputs when their clubs are setting prices and can also arrange competition to ensure valuable football is achieved at this level! :mrgreen:

Lawsyd, not a dig at you as you're already a member. :)

That's fine - once you get the casual fan through the door in the first place. However, how many casual fans are going to pay £20 per head to see the (currently) 85th best team in English full-time football - especially when they can go a few miles down the road & see Rovers from £17, or travel a few miles further & see us for £8? As I said in my original post, I would have thought that Accy & similar teams need to be using the gate receipts as a sort of loss-leader in the hope of getting crowds in & spending on club related items.
Lawsyd

Return to Other Football Chat