Arragut

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Arragut

Postby petermarkcraig » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:02 pm

I know there are quite a few travelling to this one and making a weekend of it. I was hoping to do the same but unfortunately circumstances prevented me. Hope you all have a great time and we come home with 3 massive points.

COC!!!!
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Re: Arragut

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Blast.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Re: our gate

Postby Ed » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:04 am

Ainge - scoring for fun according to MJ - spent most of the afternoon around penalty box rarely straying wide.
Carver ran and ran the width of pitch.
Who worked hardest?
Who scored the goal?
Hard work isn't always rewarded. Guile is.

Same with Rowe at Fylde. Fozzie when at Chorley.
Fox in the box is what all teams can benefit from.
Ed

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Thought we were decent, as Janny said, a bit slow out of the blocks, couple of our usually more influential players bit below par/not suited to 3G, affected our performance. On any other surface we would have taken at least a point. Plenty of chances created, agree with Ed, we are, (and have been all season) lacking a predator in the box, but they are as common as hens teeth, oh for Fozzie in his prime! Well done to Jack Sampson, 6 in 8 games now. All The lads put a shift in, just showed how much more comfortable Harrogate were on this surface, big game coming up now on Tuesday, really need to get something out of this if at all possible. Still think we will sneak into the play offs but will come up just short, am sure the management team have players in mind to boost the squad again next season. COYM.
Prodigal son

Postby mike1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Prodigal son wrote:Thought we were decent, as Janny said, a bit slow out of the blocks, couple of our usually more influential players bit below par/not suited to 3G, affected our performance. On any other surface we would have taken at least a point. Plenty of chances created, agree with Ed, we are, (and have been all season) lacking a predator in the box, but they are as common as hens teeth, oh for Fozzie in his prime! Well done to Jack Sampson, 6 in 8 games now. All The lads put a shift in, just showed how much more comfortable Harrogate were on this surface, big game coming up now on Tuesday, really need to get something out of this if at all possible. Still think we will sneak into the play offs but will come up just short, am sure the management team have players in mind to boost the squad again next season. COYM.

Top post, Prodigal Son! And welcome back Ed - we have missed you! Where have you been hiding at this important time? The fox-in-the-box is undoubtedly a big issue. A fully-fit Jason would be a plus but where would we be without Jack Sampson's huge contribution since he arrived? Several points down is my answer. I hope Jack can be signed up long term as he is a genuine goal-poacher himself. While the Salford game is a major hurdle it's not the be-all-and-end-all in my view. There are, as Janny says, several very winnable games coming up after that one, especially at VP - but we need to rediscover the habit of nicking wins away from home and keeping more clean-sheets. Only one away win this year and just two clean-sheets have been part of the problem. We seem to have to work extra-hard to score and it's a concern if we fall behind, as there really aren't enough goals in the team for whatever reason. On the plus side, I'm sure (as P.S. suggests) that our management are lining up the type of player we need for next season. But the immediate target must be four wins from the last eight, though three and a couple of draws might just be enough. How many points do other posters think we will need for a top-five finish?
mike1

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Thanks Mike1, in my view I believe we need 15 more points, I think we should win 4 games, 3 at home and Staleybridge away then hopefully pick up the other points with draws, maybe 14 will do but would be good to finish at least 4th in the hope that might give us home advantage in the Final, if we were to get that far. COYM!
Prodigal son

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:27 pm

We just didn't look our confident usual selves, and we can hardly blame the surface as we have won on those 3G's before. It was a big error by Mr Dependable Jake Cottrell to give them a head start (https://youtu.be/_RcIXlXT-NM highlights show he did leave a leg out), but what is also concerning is the way the team react to conceding a goal. The man you look to is the captain and when you see him with his hands on his hips and head down, it hardly inspires confidence. Well aware positivity breeds positivity which the management team talk about, but it's a bit disappointing when this happens. I do agree with Jenny though, we've got to look forward now and at least win our games at home.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby toploader999 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 am

mr livsey having a pop a teaguy again.... bore off
toploader999

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:12 pm

toploader999 wrote:mr livsey having a pop a teaguy again.... bore off

Sorry Neil. Well played Teaguey, unlucky.

Jeez, no wonder this forum is dying. :roll:
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby toploader999 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:52 am

point is Ian he plays well n scores previous week u say rock all on this forum. He puts his hands on his hips when they score and you criticise . Come on for christ sake
toploader999

Postby Tempie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 am

I don't want to criticise teaguey too much so I'll try to be fair and balanced. The last 2 seasons he hasn't been as good as he was previously IMO. We had to move Ross to CB last season to combat the lack of pace and this season id like to bet that we've on average conceded more league goals with him in the side than we have when he's not played.

I've said many times that I don't like the system we play and I'm still convinced that playing 3 CB's was chosen as a way of getting our captain into the team. A back 4 of Blakeman, leather, Jordan, challoner would in my view be one of, if not the best in the league. I believe that we would have had a mean defence but would (with the addition of a right winger) be far more attractive to watch and score more goals. I'd also like to note that dale whithams performances have been excellent at times but in particular when he has had the captains armband.

All that said- credit must be given to teaguey for getting himself into much better shape than he was around Christmas time. That has shown his desire to be part of this team. We also play the long ball a lot and out of CB's he is the one who can pick and play a pass the best. The altrincham game highlighted that. I also think it's totally unfair to criticise him for looking downbeat when we concede.
Tempie

Postby charnock1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 am

Tempie - owd lad

You may not like the 5 at the back system but the management does and I'm afraid the stats prove they are right and not you

Best defence in the National League north and dare I point out that if you take the National League, the National Leagues North and South
5th overall best defencive record out of 60 something teams
charnock1

Postby Tempie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 am

Charnock- that's not true! Kiddy have the best defence in the league. Stats can be twisted and manipulated, that's why I stated opinions based on what I've seen all season not stats.
Tempie

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Tempie wrote: id like to bet that we've on average conceded more league goals with him in the side than we have when he's not played.

12 goals since Christmas, 6 without him.

I love the man, don't get me wrong, and he's been a great servant to the club, but I'm not the only one to voice expression about the way his season is panning out. Maybe people think that hearing criticism at games is different to hearing it two days down the line? I dunno. :roll:
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Harrogate

Postby Ed » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm

What to do with Teague - our best header of a ball arguably. Always comfortable with ball at his feet.
Do what Harrogate did with Ainge. Convert him to in the box striker.
Ed

Postby Jue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:58 am

toploader999 wrote:point is Ian he plays well n scores previous week u say rock all on this forum. He puts his hands on his hips when they score and you criticise . Come on for christ sake

Big woop he scored the winner one week - For some reason that also got him MOTM. What you fail to mention is the 3 goal lead we gave to FC United because of his lack of pace. Many have said it, and it's such a shame coz he's a great guy, but Teague doesn't have the pace for this league.
Jue

Postby Tempie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:22 am

Crikey Jue! Say it how it is! Can't argue with you though. Spot on pal. We can play 6 centre backs but I good striker with find the weakest one.
Tempie

Postby Paul Brennan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Why is Teaguey singled out to be blamed for all the goals at FCUM?? It's a team game. Scott Leather gave Teaguey a poor pass for the first goal at the very least but the captain is the culprit -sorry, this "naming and shaming" is not fair and means another MIS regular is off -bye.
Paul Brennan

Postby Jue » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:10 pm

Just read those replies - Why does no one ever do a face to face chat anymore? It's football, there are so many opinions in the game it's unreal yet as soon as someone hears something they don't like, they disappear.

Everyone makes mistakes every now and then, no one is being singled out, however it's the mistakes you remember more of. On that particular game, the change was obvious at half time when the substitution was made. When players have a good game, I shall comment on that too (maybe just not on here as I use Facebook more). Debates are always good, opinions make those.
Jue

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:39 pm

It's not really a question of face to face chats, I'm only commenting on what everyone else can see what's going on on the pitch, it's what I do. If you don't like what I put, scroll on
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC