Curzon.........the positives

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Curzon.........the positives

Postby ste faz » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:18 pm

Let us not be negative;let us take the positives and move forward:
1) Curzon played some nice football at times,so we can look forward to playing them again next season.
2) We can't be as bad again........or can we?
3) Erm?????????????
ste faz

Re: Curzon.........the positives

Postby blackcountrymagpie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:50 pm

please tell me I was dreaming and that didn't happen!!!! :x
blackcountrymagpie

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:55 pm

Only way we can put that behind us now is to start by getting three points against Gainsborough. One gamr which will be hard I think as they're fighting to survive, so if we come out like we did today, expect us to get nothing again
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:03 pm

Pretty difficult to see positives. Going behind like that can happen and is part of the game but the reaction both physically and tactically simply wasn't good enough.

Taking Jarvis off was a joke, it should have been a centre back. Not playing Sheron was bonkers, he was excellent before. If we get a good loan signing like that then use them! Enough of the sentiment get the best players on the pitch!

Hopefully we can sort it out next week but the reaction to being behind wasn't good today.
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Can only think of one word to describe today that is acceptable on a public forum, Garbage! Didn't turn up, who authorised a Testimonial Dinner the night before a Saturday game, especially after a hard game Tuesday. Desperately need 3 points v Gainsboro now.
Prodigal son

Postby Ed » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Every game now could be difficult. I like a team built on defence but back 3 system has yielded just 1 point from 9 this week.
Seems like back 4 with Roscoe in front to protect them gave us best results this season.

Maybe time to bring back Myers to give the forward line some youthful zip. (And the player a taste for next season.
Ed

Postby Prodigal son » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:08 pm

According to Matt, Sheron will only be used if we get an injury, this is madness, we were so found out to be lacking any pace at the back and we will not use a player like Sheron, crazy!
Prodigal son

Postby Lawsyd » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Positives?

1) It was nice to see a bit of sun.
2) Good to see that Fredericks had queues outside the door - even at 5 p.m.
3) Got home (to Manchester) safely.
4) Anything to do directly with the football? Well we didn't concede in the second half.
5) Er...that's it.

See you all next week for Gainsborough? You bet!!
Lawsyd

Postby Tempie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:28 pm

Totally agree about Myers! Mcdaid is very poor and very uninterested. I'd have sent him back after the lancs cup game.
Tempie

Postby extech » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:42 pm

Headless chickens came to mind today. Dale MOM what???? Again no plan B just hoof it up to big centre halves to clear every time. Repeated centres - same result. Has been like this for weeks. Depressing. Season is dying for us at the moment
extech

Postby tumbleweed » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:55 pm

I
tumbleweed

Postby stannesmagpie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Another positive from yesterday was the very enjoyable pint of Roscoes Roar that I had in the club before the match.

When it comes to the match itself, and to borrow directly from Captain Blackadder, it started badly, tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better - but apart from that it was excellent !
stannesmagpie

Postby mike1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Prodigal son wrote:Can only think of one word to describe today that is acceptable on a public forum, Garbage! Didn't turn up, who authorised a Testimonial Dinner the night before a Saturday game, especially after a hard game Tuesday. Desperately need 3 points v Gainsboro now.

Have a listen to Curzon manager John Flanagan on their site for a sensible level-headed summary without any empty boasting - and with one or two canny observations about what makes a part-time footballer tick (or not, as the case may be!). What depressed me most was our inability to deal with a series of long balls which in our prime earlier in the season would have caused no problems. It was the same at Salford - that hoof from the goalkeeper should not have got past our centre-back for the late goal. We have now kept only one clean-sheet in the last 11 games. The Curzon goalkeeper has the ability to kick really long but we didn't seem to be prepared for that. We gave away corners too freely from one of which they took the lead with a header - again, why were our lads not attacking the cross as determinedly as they used to? I also feel that one or two are suffering from battle fatigue, not least Jake whose dynamic covering of every blade of grass seems to have not surprisingly diminished a little. Curzon's potential threat should have been respected more before kick-off - as Mr Flanagan says, they have it in them to put on a performance like yesterday's from time to time.
Last edited by mike1 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike1

Postby Tommy Whizbang » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:19 pm

stannesmagpie wrote:Another positive from yesterday was the very enjoyable pint of Roscoes Roar that I had in the club before the match.

When it comes to the match itself, and to borrow directly from Captain Blackadder, it started badly, tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better - but apart from that it was excellent !

The beer was good.
I had several.
...and to continue the Blackadder reference - Baldrick's poem springs to mind.

Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,
Boom, Boom, Boom,
Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,
Boom, Boom, Boom
Tommy Whizbang

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:40 pm

Let's face it, we didn't want it yesterday. We need to get back at it next Saturday other we can coin another war time sitcom phrase - We're doomed!
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby petermarkcraig » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:20 pm

I didn't travel 500 miles to watch it!!!!

CAC!!! (apparently)
petermarkcraig
Site Admin

Postby extech » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Don't Panic, Don't Panic!
extech

Postby Ian Livesey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:28 pm

extech wrote:Don't Panic, Don't Panic!

Stupid boy!
Ian Livesey