Darlington Lose Appeal

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Darlington Lose Appeal

Postby Lawsyd » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm surprised that nobody (if, indeed, they knew) has commented on Darlo losing their ground grading appeal - see attached link.

Does this mean that we could lose tomorrow & still make the play-offs?

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/qua ... h-victory/
Lawsyd

Re: Darlington Lose Appeal

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:53 pm

We knew, probably didn't comment anything because we still have to win on Saturday to guarantee a place ;)
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby mike1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:08 pm

Lawsyd wrote:I'm surprised that nobody (if, indeed, they knew) has commented on Darlo losing their ground grading appeal - see attached link.

We could lose and make the play-offs if Stockport fail to beat Gloucester City. Can someone clarify the position if Chorley draw and Stockport win by three goals? We are told in a previous post that a 1-1 draw at VP and a 3-0 win for Stockport could leave the issue to be decided on the head-to-head with Stockport during the season, in which case County would qualify at our expense. But if Chorley drew 2-2 I think we would qualify as having scored one more goal than Stockport. On the other hand, am I right we would lose out in the same way if we drew 0-0 with Halifax? Heaven forbid that County score four!
mike1

Postby Prodigal son » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:40 pm

AFAIK, the situation is resolved by points, then goal difference then goals scored then head to head record if all others are equal. Would be a heartbreaking way to lose out. Let's just do the simple thing and win on Saturday then it doesn't matter what happens elsewhere. COYM. :D :D :D
Prodigal son

Postby Prodigal son » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Not sure why we are bothering turning up tomorrow, if you look on Stockport and Halifax forums they are trying to decide how big the attendance is going to be at the Shay when they meet in the final!
Let's stuff that idea up. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Lawsyd » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Lawsyd wrote:I'm surprised that nobody (if, indeed, they knew) has commented on Darlo losing their ground grading appeal - see attached link.

Well I called that one right, didn't I?

Anybody want to know tonight's lottery numbers? :wink:
Lawsyd

Return to Chorley FC