Salford v Halifax ticket "hoo-hah"

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Salford v Halifax ticket "hoo-hah"

Postby Two4joy » Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 am

Given all the ballyhoo on social media re Halifax ticket allocation v Salford...Anyone know if the powers that be at Chorley are thinking ahead of the game regarding any ticket issue protocol "SHOULD" repeat "SHOULD" the final be Salford v Chorley ?
Super early bird season tickets then Early bird season tickets then New application season tickets *boost season ticket sales* then x number of trips on supporters travel bus or x number of away programmes then General sale sounds like a plan ! :lol:
Two4joy

Re: Salford v Halifax ticket "hoo-hah"

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed May 03, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm going to buy all the tickets and sell them on the blackmarket 8)

To be honest, this is the problem. I think the final should be at a League ground equidistant from the two clubs. Bolton would've been ideal for Salford v Chorley. Would get about 6,000 for it I would imagine and split the profits four ways.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Lawsyd » Wed May 03, 2017 2:43 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:I'm going to buy all the tickets and sell them on the blackmarket 8)

To be honest, this is the problem. I think the final should be at a League ground equidistant from the two clubs. Bolton would've been ideal for Salford v Chorley.

Agreed, Ian. It seems strange that the Lancs F.A. Trophy final is played at Bolton's ground & yet the play-off final which (with respect) is the bigger match isn't. I suppose that the only problem is finding an appropriate ground (that satisfies your criteria of being approximately equidistant between the two finalists) at one week's notice.
Lawsyd

Postby magpie1875 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:52 pm

The league want both North and South finals to be played at MK Don's on the same day, but the clubs rejected it.

The rules are set before the start of the season, so you have to abide by them to the end. The highest team at home is the reward for doing better in the league than you're opponent. However, if the clubs involved in the final can agree to switch to a larger venue then I see no reason why this couldn't be done, but only if the higher finished club is happy to lose the home advantage they've earned over the previous 44 games.
magpie1875

Postby andrewa » Wed May 03, 2017 4:04 pm

I can't see many clubs voluntarily sacrificing home advantage to play at a neutral ground. I think most clubs would want that intimidating atmosphere at their home ground over any other consideration.

Is there any prize money for reaching the playoffs? If so how much?
andrewa

Postby Lawsyd » Wed May 03, 2017 4:14 pm

magpie1875 wrote:The league want both North and South finals to be played at MK Don's on the same day, but the clubs rejected it.

The rules are set before the start of the season, so you have to abide by them to the end. The highest team at home is the reward for doing better in the league than you're opponent. However, if the clubs involved in the final can agree to switch to a larger venue then I see no reason why this couldn't be done, but only if the higher finished club is happy to lose the home advantage they've earned over the previous 44 games.

Yet, the finalists in the Conference National, along with those in the three FL play-off finals, all accept (willingly or not, we don't know) that the final will be played at a neutral venue. Why should our league (& the southern equivalent) be any different (notwithstanding my earlier comment regarding fing a suitable venue at short notice)?
Lawsyd

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed May 03, 2017 10:54 pm

Lawsyd wrote:
magpie1875 wrote:The league want both North and South finals to be played at MK Don's on the same day, but the clubs rejected it.

Yet, the finalists in the Conference National, along with those in the three FL play-off finals, all accept (willingly or not, we don't know) that the final will be played at a neutral venue. Why should our league (& the southern equivalent) be any different (notwithstanding my earlier comment regarding fing a suitable venue at short notice)?

+1
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC