kidderminster first leg

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

kidderminster first leg

Postby mike1 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:19 am

Yes, believe it or not, there WAS a big game at Victory Park last night. I have enjoyed reading all the comments. The players as usual gave everything but to be fair Kidderminster had that extra bit of quality and for me just deserved their slender advantage going into Sunday's second leg, though it's far from over. Work-rate from the black-and-whites was tremendous but sadly we are still paying the price of Jack Sampson's red card at Gloucester (as against Halifax). Without his ability to hold the ball up and bring colleagues into play, especially down the flanks, there's little sign of us actually getting a goal. And we are still not trying often enough to play the ball through the opposition on the deck, relying overmuch on lofted forward passes. Even so, we gave Kiddy a real chasing with Jake epitomising relentless energy and efforts to unsettle the player in possession. But in reality Harriers are the sort of team to do well in the higher sphere and they showed the ability to get forward dangerously in numbers on quick counter-attacks. Of course it took a piece of world-class finishing to see Chorley off last night, the sort of strike which would have had the Match of the Day pundits rhapsodizing about its quality. Terrific fans' support again last night - I can't recall hearing a home crowd in better voice. We can come back from this if we start well on Sunday; the first goal will be crucial. It's just not a level playing-field at the moment with our limited strike potential. Win or lose, it's been a season of real achievement (sorry, Tempie!) to finish in the top six in such a strong league. The management team are astute enough to be addressing the strike-force problem ahead of next season but top strikers don't grow on trees and for that matter are difficult to sign for the money the club can afford to pay. But I'm sure we'll be thereabouts again next time round.
mike1

Re: kidderminster first leg

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu May 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Mike, I think it's because this forum is dying out as Facebook has a supporters group now which gets more posts. Keep posting though!
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Thu May 04, 2017 4:43 pm

Good post mike. The season has been a success reaching the playoffs is a success. I haven't enjoyed watching us if I'm honest, apart from the obvious few games. Hopefully next year we see more attacking. As Ive said before I don't really blame the strikers. I hate the system we play, it creates so few chances for anybody.
Tempie

Postby JONATHAN FROST » Fri May 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Yes, Mike. I concur with Ian, please do keep posting as I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts, being an exiled supporter!
JONATHAN FROST

Postby andrewa » Fri May 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Me too, it means a lot to us exiled supporters!
andrewa

Postby Junction 8 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:53 am

Keep the posts coming Mike.
I enjoy reading them after watching the match.
Dont have facebook.
Junction 8

Return to Chorley FC