Should Halifax be punished for yesterday's scenes?

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Should Halifax be punished for yesterday's scenes?

Postby blackcountrymagpie » Sun May 14, 2017 4:32 pm

Surely Halifax should be punished for failing to control their fans yesterday with at least a fine, or a rematch they apparently assaulted at least two of our players or even stripped of their win.
blackcountrymagpie

Re: Should Halifax be punished for yesterday's scenes?

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun May 14, 2017 6:18 pm

Their stewarding was terrible in all honesty.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian R » Sun May 14, 2017 7:05 pm

2000 Chorley fans had a massive police presence around them all day,yet there didn't seem to be any control over 6000 Halifax fans recipe for disaster only the class of the Chorley fans stopped that happening.Well done everybody
Ian R

Postby Junction 8 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Halifax didn't have enough stewards to cover all sides of pitch so just concentrated on our end, which was good damage limitation. At the end why they had to run to our end I've still no idea. Thought they'd be celebrating with their team.
On way back to our car near Eureka myself and grandson who was proudly wearing his Chorley shirt were verbally abused by a group of hard men !! Every club has them.. Not true Halifax fans, who were still in ground waiting for presentation.
Re: minor pitch invasion after our goal, would have loved to have seen the pitch invader (who shall remain nameless)run to their end he might just have got there by now
Junction 8

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun May 14, 2017 7:56 pm

I wish I had took a picture but as press me and Metz were sat to the right of the seated CFC fans. Empty seats in front of us. Late on in the second half there was about 15 stewards lined up right in front of the empty seats. Why?!?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby extech » Sun May 14, 2017 8:48 pm

booze up and brewery comes to mind.
extech

Postby magpie1875 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:44 pm

I'd be very surprised and shocked if there is no action taken against Halifax following yesterday's completely incompetent handling of their own supporters.

I can understand the Police being in front of the away fans, this was more to stop the home idiots confronting us than to stop us getting onto the pitch, but in the latter stages of extra time there was no attempt made to get the Halifax 'fans' back into the stand. What would have happened has we equalised, what would have happened has it gone to penalties?

As for the two invasions, everyone can appreciate fans celebrating their teams success, but to see two players attacked; Jack Sampson following the goal and Ritchie Branagan swamped and attacked at the final whistle were scenes not seen in English football since the 1970's/80's. Totally disgusting.

I bet when the edited highlights come out they'll have been properly edited to hide there embarrassment.
magpie1875

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun May 14, 2017 10:30 pm

Their highlights are out now, but you have to pay to see them. No thanks
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby mike1 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:45 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:Their highlights are out now, but you have to pay to see them. No thanks

I've viewed highlights on YouTube this evening - no charge. Filmed from the Chorley supporters' end, so it gives us the main perspective on proceedings. On another tack, I note from the National League site that next season we will be joined by promoted Leamington but lose our friends from Gloucester (subject to ratification).
mike1

Postby extech » Mon May 15, 2017 7:40 am

short memories some of you - although we didn't attack their players I seem to remember us invading the pitch twice when we won at Buxton. Let it go - we lost.
extech

Postby charnock1 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:28 am

Exteach - I was only saying this yesterday and if I recall didn't the Buxton keeper get assaulted as well !!
charnock1

Postby stannesmagpie » Mon May 15, 2017 9:37 am

Having had a look at the Halifax fans forum, it's fair to say that their fans are also fed up about the antics of those from the home end who ran onto the pitch, and are roundly condemning them for doing so. They appreciate that it potentially causes problems for the Club, and spoiled the after match victory celebrations. Sadly all towns, including ours if truth be told, have neanderthals who crawl out from under their stones on occasions such as this to cause trouble. I felt sorry for Richie having to keep goal in the second half of extra time with the Halifax fans massed on the touch line immediately behind him for most of the 15 minutes. It must have been intimidating, and the stewards really should have made more of an effort to get them back onto the terrace, even if the game had to be stopped temporarily to do so. As has also been said, the behaviour of some from Chorley at Buxton a few years ago also warrants criticism. Anyway, I hope all the players are OK and I thank them, and Matt and his management team, for their great efforts both on Saturday and throughout the season. They couldn't have given more. Up the Magpies !
stannesmagpie

Return to Chorley FC