CFC ' Ownwrship '

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

CFC ' Ownwrship '

Postby Paul Speak » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:18 pm

Does anyone know if there is a statutory minimum time the new co-owners must be incumbent
before they can transfer ownership, for the same sum they acquired the club, to CFCST ?
Paul Speak
MIS Prediction League Winner 2011/12

Re: CFC ' Ownwrship '

Postby magpie1875 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Paul Speak wrote:Does anyone know if there is a statutory minimum time the new co-owners must be incumbent
before they can transfer ownership, for the same sum they acquired the club, to CFCST ?

Eh?
magpie1875

Postby Tempie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:14 pm

Why would they do that?
Tempie

Postby mike1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:18 pm

magpie1875 wrote:
Paul Speak wrote:Does anyone know if there is a statutory minimum time the new co-owners must be incumbent

Eh?

I imagine to most of us supporters the initial comment here is one that needs clarifying. Where does CFCST come into the equation? My immediate reaction was precisely the same as that of magpie1875.
mike1

Postby Paul Speak » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:48 pm

"mike1"

Where does CFCST come into the equation?

Ok, My understanding ... In the not too distant past ( maybe 2 years ) CFCST stated their main
objective was for CFC to become a supporter-owned club ( when sufficient funds became
available to make TJH Group a realistic offer ) under the stewardship of CFCST ; Further it was
reported KW / GW had joined the trust to show their support for that scenario eventually
becoming reality.

I assumed, maybe wrongly, that the recent new ownership of the football club was a
stepping-stone to ownership transferring to CFCST ?
Paul Speak

Postby Zidane » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:34 pm

Please can I have some of whatever it is you have had Paul, :wink:
Why on earth would hey want to do that ?
Zidane

Postby mark » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:05 pm

CFCST board member speaking.

We've always believed that community ownership is the best and most stable option for Chorley, and other sports clubs for that matter.

The club is on a great journey at the moment with lots of very positive and exciting things happening. Promotions, cup wins, and now new owners and landlords are all massive steps in the right direction.

The Trust think that the next steps on the journey are to agree a long lease on Victory Park so the club can plan for the long term, and to move the club into community ownership for a transparent, stable and secure future.

Ken and Graham have only just taken over as owners. I've not read any reports that they plan to move the club over to community ownership. Naturally we'd be delighted and stand ready to help if they do decide to do so, and we'll do our best to persuade them of the benefits.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Paul Speak » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:23 am

Thanks for the update, Mark.
Paul Speak

Return to Chorley FC