Kidderminster

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Kidderminster

Postby mike1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:37 pm

So we went back to Aggborough, kept a third clean-sheet there and came back with three points - yet no-one as yet has anything to say about a winning start to the new season!
mike1

Re: Kidderminster

Postby Paul Brennan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Seems most people use Facebook for their place to comment, Mike.
As we did not travel to KH I can't contribute on any forum on the game :(
Paul Brennan

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Like most others, post on the Facebook site now as it seems to accept more varied points of view. This forum went through a phase of everyone having to toe the party line and many decided to give it a swerve. Any way back to yesterday, very good team performance, all the lads put in a shift and worked for each other, defence very strong with a very competent display by keeper, obviously missed Jake in midfield but we have to be able to cope with this. Could have had a couple of goals, but the. So old Kiddy. We got what we deserve for a battling performance, not many will come away from Aggborough with all 3 points. Well done to all the lads and management team. COYM
Prodigal son

Postby Paul Brennan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:59 am

Prodigal son wrote:Like most others, post on the Facebook site now as it seems to accept more varied points of view. This forum went through a phase of everyone having to toe the party line and many decided to give it a swerve.

Maybe so -one issue for me is the use of pseudonyms/"handles" on here whereas Facebook has apparently 'real' identities (though no doubt these could be faked if you could be bothered)-I don't like personal attacks on Matt, Teaguey or anyone else especially when the poster hides behind a made-up name.
Hence, I rarely post here.

A pity but the world moves on and the reality is MIS is probably finished IMHO.
Paul Brennan

Postby andrewa » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:43 pm

I don't agree with personal attacks either. However most of the other clubs in this league ( with one or two exceptions) have interesting and lively forums. It seems Chorley are destined to become one of those clubs who are without an active forum. I don't use Facebook but I believe it can be accessed by non- users, am I right? If so what is the exact name of the page? As an exiled fan I want to know what people are thinking, I think most fans who can't get to games would appreciate news and views other than the official news on the club site.
andrewa

Postby JONATHAN FROST » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:18 pm

I agree with the Prodigal Son, It was a strong performance by each member of the team, we weathered the 'storm' during the first have, I was quite relieved when the half time whistle was blown. But this, in my opinion simply tired out the Harriers, we then took advantage of this during the second half.
I was particularly pleased with the result. as it was the first time that I had seen us win away!
JONATHAN FROST

Postby Dec53 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:14 am

i agree andrew.
Dec53

Postby Paul Brennan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:19 am

andrewa wrote:I don't agree with personal attacks either. However most of the other clubs in this league ( with one or two exceptions) have interesting and lively forums. It seems Chorley are destined to become one of those clubs who are without an active forum. I don't use Facebook but I believe it can be accessed by non- users, am I right? If so what is the exact name of the page? As an exiled fan I want to know what people are thinking, I think most fans who can't get to games would appreciate news and views other than the official news on the club site.

This is the Facebook page Andrew https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChorleyFCSupporters-you need to join Facebook to prevent an irritating pop-up coming on all the time.

I will continue to post -next about tonight's game :)
Paul Brennan

Postby andrewa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:58 am

Thanks Paul, will have a look. I don't see why we can't have both Facebook and a forum, other clubs do.
But I guess you can't force people to participate!
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:13 pm

If I'm not mistaken this forum is hard for people to post on because it requires a certain type of email address to register. The Facebook group seems to be thriving. With regards to personal attacks- everyone is entitled to an opinion and footballers know this when they sign on! It's part of the job. Sometimes tough things need to be said and changes need to be made. There is a limit but as long someone isn't going over the top I can't see the problem.
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:20 pm

I think it all depends on what is being said, Tempie. You can be critical of a person without being abusive. If someone is going to criticise then maybe they should also offer up their own views and ideas in a civilsed way, not just fire off an angry response.
Regarding Facebook, I tried to follw Paul's link but it wouldn't let me in and said I needed to sign up in order to access the account. It's funny really because you can access other Facebook accounts without signing up, but not this particular one. This is all a shame because I'm keen to get in to see what is being said!
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Just join Facebook then. To be fair it's pretty much the same as here. I get fed up with things and then rock the boat a bit. Upset those that think the club is perfect and can do know wrong! Then those with a brain can see Ive usually got a point. You've got people like me who say it how it is, then about 10 people always who leap to the defence of the club. Then about 50 others who say nothing through fear of being labelled a moaner like me lol! It's pretty much the same as this forum was but now it's on Facebook.
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:48 pm

I'm reluctant to re join FB as last time I was inundated with people asking to be their "friend", and to "like" them and telling me what they were having for tea. I know people on FB will say you can control who sees and does what through the settings, but I haven't got the time to mess about with it. Another reason to not join is that it gives access to loads of personal information which can be shared out and used to bombard you with marketing rubbish and so on.
I know it's incredibly popular and lots of people think its brilliant, but it's not for me I'm afraid!
andrewa

Postby magpie1875 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:26 pm

andrewa wrote:I'm reluctant to re join FB as last time I was inundated with people asking to be their "friend", and to "like" them and telling me what they were having for tea. I know people on FB will say you can control who sees and does what through the settings, but I haven't got the time to mess about with it. Another reason to not join is that it gives access to loads of personal information which can be shared out and used to bombard you with marketing rubbish and so on.
I know it's incredibly popular and lots of people think its brilliant, but it's not for me I'm afraid!

I had spagbol for tea tonight!
magpie1875

Return to Chorley FC