Boston- no tea party

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Re: Boston- no tea party

Postby andrewa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Well that's a positive, I just hope the board are strong enough (and enlightened enough) to insist that youth is given a chance. If I was a Board member I would be insisting that the first team management attend all junior matches and that they make serious efforts to integrate younger players into the 1st team set up.
This needs to happen and needs to be enforced very firmly. If it doesn't then certain people should be thinking about moving on.
andrewa

Postby Soapbox » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Send for Moses to build your another ark. FFS we have had 2 play off first finals and a top half finish in 3 years. Ok poor start but GET REAL!!
Soapbox

Postby andrewa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Nothing to do with current form, it's about a longer term plan - and using the club development structure properly, also building a strong financial base for future stablity and progress.
andrewa

Postby Ian Livesey » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:20 pm

Here's a question (that probably won't get answered on here), but wasn't the first team training Thursday night?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:04 am

Soapbox one of those playoffs was under flitcroft. We are real! The cracks have been there ever since mj was appointed for all to see. If you can't see them then I think you need to get real! Ian yes I'm sure the 1st team were training but don't we have coaches for that? How many top managers actually do the coaching? They get involved sometimes but they would normally instruct the coaches and concentrate on selection, tactics and signings. Management is about decisions. Also I keep repeating this but he missed at least 4 friendlies and god knows how many training sessions to go in holiday! So he wasn't bothered then was he? The situation is that there is a wedge being driven between the club and its supporters. Supporters aren't being listened too, they aren't being entertained and they aren't being included! The communication is horrendous! It's been poor for a while but it's worse than ever now. We get 1 interview a week where mj is asked very easy hand picked questions from someone within the club. All those interviews do is annoy the fans even more! These same complaints were here last year too!
Tempie

Postby Soapbox » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:12 pm

If 'fans' can't see that we have a better style of play with better players then Specsavers will be rubbing their hands. Under GF, although successful, it was route one football with Deano bullying the centre halves, with Hines and Stephenson feeding off him. Once Deano lost his aggression we were poor.
Also no matter what level a club plays at they each have a percentage of fans who will never be happy and pine for the great players of the past, sadly CFC are no different!
Soapbox

Postby Tempie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Jesus! Are you serious? Better style of play than under flitcroft! Yes fltcroft was direct but we had players who had pace and skill hine, Stephenson, dorney, Jarvis playing high up the pitch. We broke quickly and we attacked teams. Now it is route one but slow. The goalkeeper gives it to a defender who exchanges passes with another defender, then give the ball to Teague who launches it in the general direction of a forward who inevitably won't win the header. Get your head out of the sand and look at what's happening to the club and it's fan base
Tempie

Postby Soapbox » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:25 pm

None so blind as those who will not see - Jarvis, Dorney !!!!!!!
Soapbox

Postby Tempie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Stop being so literal I'm not talking about bring dorney back now he's 4 years past his best as is Jarvis if we're honest. But where's the replacements. Where's the next josh hine? Flitcroft's side whilst maybe not littered with league experience would murder our current team!! The pattern was set with one of Jansens very first signings Lewis guy!! He released Aaron burns and brought in Lewis guy!! That spoke volumes very early on!!
Tempie

Postby 2 4 Joy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 pm

The football was much better to watch under Flitty. We could mix it when we need to mix it and play football when we needed to play football. His teams had a play-maker in the middle and pace up front, both of which are sadly lacking in Jansen's teams. Jansen took over a very good team from Flitty and proceeded to destroy it in the following 12 months. Jansen's insistence on playing 5 at the back last season means we were very good defensively, but this was at the expense of not creating or scoring enough goals. Also, he needs to change the record about how small Chorley's budget is compared to other clubs (which I don't believe anyway) and start giving some of the club's younger players a chance.
2 4 Joy

Postby andrewa » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Lack of budget is a poor excuse. Good coaching and management makes the difference. Well coached young players are the future for a team without a large budget, surely the Board can see this? We are not going to buy our way into the National League so how about accepting this and doing it the other more interesting and financially certain way?
andrewa

Postby toploader999 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:57 pm
We do listen to you Tempie. Where's toploader999 when you need him (NOT)? Probably on duty today

Mr Livesey ur getting very personal now.... If u must know i was under the surgeons knife after an unprovoked attack whilst on duty!!!!

and dont worry i ll be at saturdays game maybe ill pop up and have a word .... but they would be wasted
toploader999

Postby magpie1875 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Paul Brennan wrote:Thinking about recriutment as Tempie addresses in his latest post -Q how many of the CFC 'successes' of recent years came from the same level or above? It's a matter of opinion what constitutes a success but my view is:
Deano, Jake, Teaguey, Darren Stephenson, Sam A, Leather, Challoner
The rest -Hine, Mather, O'Brien, Ross, Dorney, Whitham, Baker, Roscoe, Foster, Russell were recruited from lower league teams -were they "more hungry"?
True some -Connerton, Gonzales, Burns for example- don't work out -so a theory of "lower league = success. higher league = comparative failure" is obviously simplistic.
But have we recruited well in the recent past is a question that is worth discussing.

Facts
From Above: Stephenson, Leather, Challoner, Baker
From Same: Deano, Jake, Teaguey, Sam A, Mather, Ross, Dorney, Whitham, Roscoe, Foster, Russell
From Below: Hine, O'Brien, Connerton, Gonzales, Burns

It doesn't matter where they come from, it's how good they are.
magpie1875

Postby Tempie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:10 am

Footballing opinions are just opinions we all see things differently. I'd like to think no one has a personal problem with anyone on here. Toploader we bash heads on here regularly but I hope you have a smooth and speedy recovery.
Tempie

Postby toploader999 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 am

Thank you Tempie
toploader999

Previous

Return to Chorley FC