Terry Gornell leaves as two arrive.

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Terry Gornell leaves as two arrive.

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Not sure if you've seen on the OWS but two new lads from Rochdale have signed on loan as Terry Gornell has his contract mutually terminated.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Re: Terry Gornell leaves as two arrive.

Postby andrewa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:14 pm

And so it goes on.... is this what you would call a revolving door policy?
andrewa

Postby Prodigal son » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:16 pm

So the kids from Rochdale are "old enough" but not apparently our own youngsters. How will they get experience?
Prodigal son

Postby Tempie » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:37 pm

To be honest it goes from bad to worse. We've lost a very very good player probably because he's got neck ache from looking at the ball flying over his head. We signed 2 kids on loan who are defenders so that we can carry on playing 5 at the back. Gutted really! Terry showed enough in pre season to prove he's a classy player. The finish against bamber bridge will live long in my memory. Thanks and sorry terry
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:44 pm

To be honest the randomness of our signings recently smacks of desperation. There does not seem to be any idea of structure or long term plan. Someone tell me I'm wrong please.
andrewa

Postby Away days » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:28 pm

How long till Josh Wilson and Matt Hughes realise they've made a mistake :shock:
Away days

Postby charnock1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Terry Gornell is a class player at this level, fcuk me something has gone badly wrong here

I think we have just set our stall out for this season - no ambition

Don't think I will bother tomorrow
charnock1

Postby Tommy Whizbang » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:48 pm

It is a tad annoying that Terry has gone so soon.
Looked quality to me pre-season.

Hope Jason doesn't go the same way, as he's now our tallest player to leap for the puntage.
Tommy Whizbang

Postby Tempie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:50 am

Don't worry guys josh o Keefe is still here.
Tempie

Postby Soapbox » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:10 am

Its no wonder not many people use this forum - its all negative.
To answer a couple of obvious points
- young players get experience by being loaned out to lower league sides ( as Rochdale have done )
- Terry should be a class player at this level but has not shown anything in the league matches, in fact he didn't look interested plus he didn't show much effort when we didn't have the ball. Also you don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
We have to face facts that this league is harder than the last 3 seasons and a top half finish with a chance of the play offs would be a good season, unless you lot sell your houses and give the money to Matt to sign better quality players
Soapbox

Postby charnock1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:45 am

Soapy - I'm assuming that you were one of the two thousand that went to Halifax for your day out taking in the cup final
if you had been present this season you would find it hard to be positive................about anything
charnock1

Postby Soapbox » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:53 am

Season ticket holder for past 5 years but I don't live in the past!
Soapbox

Postby john joe » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:15 pm

It would be great to support a team that are fantastic all the time.

Get a grip, its football every team goes through ups and downs.

Yes we have had a poor start and team and individual performance have not been good to watch.

We don't know what goes on in the background and we can all have views, but lets support the manager and the lads.

Football fans need to support their team through the good times and not so good.
john joe

Postby Soapbox » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Exactly
Soapbox

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:42 pm

charnock1 wrote:Terry Gornell is a class player at this level, fcuk me something has gone badly wrong here

I think we have just set our stall out for this season - no ambition

Don't think I will bother tomorrow

Blimey things are bad if you come out with this :shock:
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Soapbox wrote:Its no wonder not many people use this forum - its all negative.
To answer a couple of obvious points
- young players get experience by being loaned out to lower league sides ( as Rochdale have done )
- Terry should be a class player at this level but has not shown anything in the league matches, in fact he didn't look interested plus he didn't show much effort when we didn't have the ball. Also you don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
We have to face facts that this league is harder than the last 3 seasons and a top half finish with a chance of the play offs would be a good season, unless you lot sell your houses and give the money to Matt to sign better quality players

Negative? Or critical? Two completely different things
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Tempie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:47 pm

John joe- what if we don't want to support the manager anymore? What if we've seen enough to warrant not being supportive of his style and tactics. It's ok for the manager to be stubborn and disengaged with what the supporters want to see but not ok for supporters to be critical! Stop taking everyone for idiots! We know the league is tough! We know we will loose games but we are sick and tired of watching every game be ruined by attritional negative tactics. We've got good players we want to see the shackles taken off and let them play.

I'll still get watching chorley long after Jansen is gone! We are allowed an opinion. I think we will get a result today and I'll be there supporting everyone that pulls the jersey on but it doesn't mean I think the sun shines out Jansens backside.
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:15 pm

I agree absolutely Tempie, it is not about being negative, it's criticism and everyone is allowed a viewpoint. What is worse is if everyone was to toe the line and and think that everything the club and management do is wonderful.
I think if anyone looks at the past few weeks on this forum they would see that far from being unused it has become quite lively, with a wide variety of viewpoints being expressed. Which to me is what it should be. Does everyone after a match go into the social club and reflect on how wonderful everything and everybody is? I doubt it. Football fans love lively debate, opposing views and heated discussion. They are after all ( without coming over all FCUM) the"soul" of any club and their views should be respected and taken notice of.
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Cheers Andrew you're much more cultured and articulate with your posts lol! Spot on pal.
Tempie

Postby Ed » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:17 pm

I agree long ball is boring and youth players should be involved more. But I don't think you can expect a manager to know exactly what fans want unless you tell him. Next week you have opportunity to do so.
Ed

Postby andrewa » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:43 pm

I agree Ed, but for people unable to make it in person there should be an e-mail address to send questions. To the best of my knowledge this has not been offered yet.
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:23 pm

Come on ed. how can he not know?!! He knows full well but he's stubborn and tunnel visioned.
Tempie

Postby 2 4 Joy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:44 pm

These comments are not negative but honest and realistic! We can still support the team and be critical of the manager. And let's be honest it's the style of play and how the team is set up that is the main criticism, which is down to Jansen. We all have different opinions but to say that we should get behind the team and ignore how we are playing is ridiculous. Also, how we could let Terry Gornall go is beyond belief. He has not played badly, he just hasn't had any decent supply. Today was poor, similar to most of last season and it's difficult to see where the goals are going to come from.
2 4 Joy

Postby andrewa » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:50 pm

What was the gate today haven't seen any mention anywhere?
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:58 pm

700 odd.. Brackley brought about 10. It was a pretty good effort all told
Tempie

Postby toploader999 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:13 pm

Terry was honest enough to say he wasn't playing well and didn't want to steal a wage so asked to terminate his contract and concentrate on his business.

Today wasnt good but a point is a point...

Anyway keep the language down :lol:
toploader999

Postby 2 4 Joy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:36 pm

He wasn't playing well because he wasn't getting the supply he needed! Whatever he may have said about leaving he clearly wanted to leave and join a club that knows how to get the best out of him. Let's see where he ends up and then see him start to score again.
2 4 Joy

Postby toploader999 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:40 pm

He wint be going anywhere.....
toploader999

Postby 2 4 Joy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:47 pm

If he has been released from his contract then we can't stop him now or at any time in the future
2 4 Joy

Postby toploader999 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:07 am

ohhh yes u can :lol:
toploader999

Next

Return to Chorley FC