North Ferriby - caution

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

North Ferriby - caution

Postby Ed » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:23 am

Despite Tuesday's result at VP, there's no room for complacency. In past 2 weeks NF have drawn with Darlington and Tamworth and suffered narrow defeat at Boston (better result there than CFC).
They may still be propping up table but those big 5-0 defeats seem to be in past.
Like Chorley they have tightened up their defensive performances. And with their slope they will be no pushovers.
Should prove an interesting challenge.
Ed

Re: North Ferriby - caution

Postby Ed » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Ferriby played a neat inter-passing game.
No bite in attack otherwise fairly even for much of game.
Correction: the slope (3 years or so ago)has been ironed out.
Now reasonably flat surface.
Ed

Postby Tempie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 am

For Andrew! Very comfortable, should have been 3 at half time. Second half wasn't as good. We got pushed back a bit too much. The quick tempo wasn't really there in the second half. Not everyone had great games but we still had more than enough to beat them.

Urwin 6- never tested but punched when he should caught.

Challoner 9- outstanding again.

Leather 7- Solid

Teague 8- Solid and got an assist (I think)

Jordan 7- Solid

Blakeman 6- not his best game. Gave the ball away a lot

Haughon 6- couldn't get in the game.

O Keefe 7- Played well. Is getting forward more now.

Carver 7- Plenty of effort, unlucky to hit the post but should have scored today. Needs composure in front of goal

Walker 8- always looked a threat. Needs to shoot rather than diving.

Cotterell 7- usual jake

Wilson 8- finished a chance when we really needed it.

Whitham 6- did ok when he came on. Should have scored at the end.

Roscoe 6- good to see him involved
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:10 am

Thanks Tempie - appreciated!

One question where was Hughes, has it gone pear shaped? Also want to ask someone about the loan of Enock to Trafford, into his 3rd week I don't think he has had more than 10 minutes on the pitch so far. Could he not have gone to a side in need of a player in his position? He's not getting much "mans football" at the moment!

It's good to see that things are coming together on the pitch, if Marcus Carver could find the back of the net he would be the complete player. Just feel he has to get one or two and things will be fine for him.
andrewa

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:33 am

Yes, I wondered about Hughes not being on the bench, wasn't able to go yesterday, so could someone in the know indicate if he was injured, unavailable etc. In my opinion he might be suited to filling the role that Haughton is playing as and when he is brought off.
Prodigal son

Postby Tempie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:43 am

Don't know about Hughes. Andrew regarding Enoch- being brutally honest I watched all the preseasons and I said at the time that I saw nothing in him to suggest he is good enough for our level. I suspect Trafford have seen the same. He quick but that's about it. Maybe a loan at a lower level or more time in our development squad
Tempie

Postby John Wells » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:50 am

I was told at the match yesterday that Matty Hughes had suffered a family bereavement.

I hope that Nick Haughton recovers quickly. After being substituted mid way through the second half he was receiving ice treatment to his leg and hobbled off at the end.
John Wells

Postby andrewa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:54 pm

I think Nick Haughton is one of those players other teams will target, you can see them saying "stop Haughton and you stop the team playing" which, unforunately, might mean injuries. Let's hope he's all right.
andrewa

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks for the responses re Hughes. Think he could be used to replace Haughton when necessary.
Prodigal son

Return to Chorley FC