Nick Haughton loan period

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Nick Haughton loan period

Postby mike1 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:28 am

Could someone please clarify the following : Is Nick Haughton our player for the rest of the season (at least in theory) ? I understood he was signed on 'a season-long loan' on deadline day in August yet I read today in a local paper that 'Chorley face a battle to keep Nick Haughton when his loan expires in January'. Some confusion here surely? I also heard from another source that one of the 'moneybags' clubs in our division would be likely to try to sign him in the New Year. Is a season-long loan water-tight or not?
mike1

Re: Nick Haughton loan period

Postby Ed » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 am

After we beat Fleetwood :D and Nick scores a hat trick v Rovers in 2nd round :D and we meet UniTed at Old Trafford :) in 3rd round... then we might be the moneybags club signing him :roll: .
Ed

Postby ste faz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:59 am

mike1 wrote:Could someone please clarify the following : Is Nick Haughton our player for the rest of the season (at least in theory) ? I understood he was signed on 'a season-long loan' on deadline day in August yet I read today in a local paper that 'Chorley face a battle to keep Nick Haughton when his loan expires in January'. Some confusion here surely? I also heard from another source that one of the 'moneybags' clubs in our division would be likely to try to sign him in the New Year. Is a season-long loan water-tight or not?

Like Mike1, I too understood it to be a season long loan, so I hope the reports to the contrary are wrong.However, one point that has not been asked is whether Fleetwood have a "re-call" option in the contract,if so they will probably want to recall him in January to cash in from moneybags.
ste faz

Postby Tempie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:41 pm

What I've been told is that it is a season long loan and there is no recall option. The only way he can have the loan terminated is if fleetwood sell him. Obviously that's a possibility in January but I'm sure fleetwood would want to keep him.
Tempie

Return to Chorley FC