Spennymoor

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Spennymoor

Postby Ed » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:27 am

Given our record in NE, and Spennymoor's record this season, I'd take a draw today.
Our previous two 'magnificent' wins were in reality v 2nd and 3rd off bottom.
Ed

Re: Spennymoor

Postby Away days » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:50 am

Shocking pitch, even worse team, but yet again we play to our opposition. How they are doing so well is beyond me! Little bit miffed by MJ subs today, with carver going off (injured im guessing) and Wilson back to his usual lazy self , i was gutted for walker as again he ran his socks off . He needed either roscoe or haughton along side him. Also not sure what others will think but i wasn't convinced by the new lad from rangers.....
Away days

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:23 am

Disappointing, we had enough chances to have won the game by half time. Thought the bench was unbalanced today and Jansen's substitutions were odd to say the least. Still need a finisher but we keep bringing in midfielders, too early to judge a Black on 30 minutes play. Still say we miss Whitham, with his energy, can't believe O'Keefe keeps getting on, did nothing again when he came on yesterday. Onward to Tuesday, let's hope we can back on track with a win over Tamworth. Hopefully some good news about a keeper too early next week. COYM!
Prodigal son

Postby Tempie » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:49 am

I'll pretty much repeat what I said on Facebook. Hard work only goes so far. Carver needs to start scoring, we can't just rely on nick. The signings of kofi and black will do far more to get retweets on twitter than impact they'll have on the pitch.
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:49 pm

I know its an unusual situation losing two of our best players for the cup tie, but with respect to Black he's no spring chicken, who knows it might work, but I'm not confident.
Still waiting to witness the introduction of youth and energy to the team, after impressing last week Anson spent yesterday warming the bench. And what of the other U21 signings? Will we see them making an appearance or will they become forgotten men?
Seeing the England U17 's yesterday made me think of the phrase "If you're good enough you're old enough" some fantastic, young guys playing with energy and skill.
Surely the National League North is not such a scary place that young players cannot be given a decent chance?
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Andrew pal it isn't going to happen. Just try to accept it. Matt has his way and that doesn't include the club's young players. Matt likes experience not unpredictablablity. At the beginning of the season I said on Facebook that I would release Jordan, walker and josh o keefe. I would still stand by that. The first 2 are great players but past their best and I don't see what o keefe adds. Anson should be playing alongside leather and Teague and we need a young hungry striker. BUT they are all reliable good honest players and that's what Matt likes. It's working to an extent so there can't be complaints. I don't think we can get out of this league unless we take more risks but I hope I'm wrong. I can't understand how we can have a player like Jordan darr but never use him from the bench but that's matts way and we have to realise that.
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Sadly, have to agree with Tempie, Jordan Darr is an excellent prospect but Jansen just won't give him a chance, he scores for fun, and is very quick and tricky, but unless he gets a short stint in Lancs Cup we won't see him other than in U21's. Anson should also be playing every week but no it will be Steven Jordan again who is vulnerable against anyone quick.
Prodigal son

Postby andrewa » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:33 pm

It's just a bit sad, seeing those under 17's performing for England knowing that our own enthusiastic and talented youngsters are possibly missing out on a chance with the team they have chosen to play for.
andrewa

Postby Duke Street » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:17 am

A disappointing result yesterday but that was only our second loss in the last 14 games, of which we’ve won nine. Sounds like the wind made it a lottery and Spennymoor are no mugs so hardly a disaster. I can’t understand this obsession some fans have with playing kids. Jordan is our best defender in my opinion and one of the main reasons why we’ve been so solid defensively over the last 18 months. Anson has potential, yes, but is he better than Teague, Jordan or Leather? As for Darr, no doubt he will get some game time in due course but the team were on a good run going into yesterday’s game so why change a winning formula? Maybe Matt’s keeping him up his sleeve as a secret weapon for the Fleetwood game??
Duke Street

Postby Tempie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:57 am

Jordan are best defender! That's bonkers. Scott leather wins that by a mile. It's not an obsession with playing kids it's about getting the best players into the match day squad. Nathan Sheron was on loan at the end of last season stands out. Like I said though this is all a bit pointless because we all know it's not matts style so let's just live with it.
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:19 am

Although I think we agree regarding youth Tempie, I don't agree that discussion on the topic is pointless. Surely debate and discussion amongst fans is interesting and part of the enjoyment of football? Is this not what happens in the social club after games?
The under 16's had a great result at Ashton yesterday, all our youth teams are doing brilliantly, we are taylor made for a progression structure second to none, but.....
andrewa

Postby Ian Livesey » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:26 pm

Duke Street wrote:A disappointing result yesterday but that was only our second loss in the last 14 games, of which we’ve won nine. Sounds like the wind made it a lottery and Spennymoor are no mugs so hardly a disaster. I can’t understand this obsession some fans have with playing kids. Jordan is our best defender in my opinion and one of the main reasons why we’ve been so solid defensively over the last 18 months. Anson has potential, yes, but is he better than Teague, Jordan or Leather? As for Darr, no doubt he will get some game time in due course but the team were on a good run going into yesterday’s game so why change a winning formula? Maybe Matt’s keeping him up his sleeve as a secret weapon for the Fleetwood game??

Hardly. Had we have put half our clear cut chances away we would've won 2-1.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC