The Grass Bank

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

The Grass Bank

Postby andrewa » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:25 am

I'm sure this is a subject that is much discussed within the club but it's always a bit sad to see what used to be usable space now cordoned off and wasted. Especially on occasions like last night.
Are there any plans to develop this part of the ground, terracing and so on? If so how would the overall capacity of the ground be increased?
Sorry if this is a "hot potato" but given the fairly recent improvements in the ground and social side of things, would the completion of the banking side of the ground not make Victory Park look complete and properly " four sided"? Yes I know it's costly but most things are possible given ambition and a will to achieve them.
andrewa

Re: The Grass Bank

Postby Paul Brennan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:01 pm

This was flagged up on Chorley Supporters Facebook page

https://planning.chorley.gov.uk/online-applications/advancedSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

So subject to planning permission you should get your wish, Andrew
Paul Brennan

Postby andrewa » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Great news thanks Paul!
andrewa

Postby andrewa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:52 pm

A"Seated Stand". I wonder how many that will hold? If approved it would make the ground look much better and complete, except for the areas either side of the Pilling Lane end, which hopefully will be stepped terracing eventually.
I wonder how the funding has been obtained for the stand.
Does anyone know if/ when the drawings for the stand will be available? I would have thought they would exist in order to make the planning app.
andrewa

Postby andrewa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Just found the plan on the planning application. 75 seats?? it looks like a tiny structure perched in the middle of the grass bank. Is it part of an overall plan to eventually develop the whole bank. Surely planning permission could be requested for a larger development? Or is there a grand plan? Anybody from the club got more information on this please?
andrewa

Postby chewy380 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:19 am

75 & 1883. Work it out yourself.
chewy380

Postby andrewa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:12 am

Yes got that Chewy, was just wondering if there was a grand plan for the entire embankment. Not necessarily immediately but in the future as part of a very necessary improvement of that side of the stadium.
andrewa

Postby Two4joy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:14 am

:idea:
Surely it is not beyond the whit of man to use some of the telly money to order a few extra tippers to take away some extra top soil either side of this new stand while it's already being dug out, pour some 3-4 deep concrete steps & extend the roof :?:

"Tin shed" style cover would suffice for us mere mortals....We're not greedy ! :roll:
Two4joy

Postby andrewa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:10 pm

There are some very nice low level stands being erected around the country at the moment. It feels a bit dissapointing that the scheme does not seem to have the ambition to build either terracing and or stands right along the bank. I fear the little stand ( and it is little) will look a bit silly on its own. I'm hoping the mini stand will be one that can be added to when funding is available.
andrewa

Postby magpie1875 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:41 pm

andrewa wrote:There are some very nice low level stands being erected around the country at the moment. It feels a bit dissapointing that the scheme does not seem to have the ambition to build either terracing and or stands right along the bank. I fear the little stand ( and it is little) will look a bit silly on its own. I'm hoping the mini stand will be one that can be added to when funding is available.

The club has lots of ambitions when it comes to improving spectator facilities, but not the funds at present to progress them all at the same time.
magpie1875

Postby andrewa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Yes but I always believe a vision for a completed stadium would provide a focus and, importantly, a financial target for everybody to get involved in fundraising, grant applications etc etc.
andrewa

Postby Ian Livesey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:01 pm

First thing's first. Let's look after the corporates and the corporates will look after us :?
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby chewy380 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:22 pm

magpie1875 wrote:
andrewa wrote:There are some very nice low level stands being erected around the country at the moment. It feels a bit dissapointing that the scheme does not seem to have the ambition to build either terracing and or stands right along the bank. I fear the little stand ( and it is little) will look a bit silly on its own. I'm hoping the mini stand will be one that can be added to when funding is available.

The club has lots of ambitions when it comes to improving spectator facilities, but not the funds at present to progress them all at the same time.

Do you have the list of improvements?
chewy380

Postby Jue » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:38 pm

We made a list a few years ago with improvements... Unfortunately the support to fulfill the list wasn't there.
Jue

Postby andrewa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Well a lot can happen in a few years! Maybe it's time to try again, just because something that is unarguably necessary doesn't get support the first time, it should not dissapear. The way to make it happen is to try again and re present it in a new way. I think many more people are wanting progress now than before, the club has moved on massively in many ways, it needs to kick on now and keep the momentum going.
andrewa

Postby reco » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 pm

chewy380 wrote:
magpie1875 wrote:

Do you have the list of improvements?

The Tannoy system? Couldn't hear a thing the person was saying on there on Monday night.
reco

Postby chewy380 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:18 am

Couldn't agree more. It's inaudible at most games unless you're in the main stand which is annoying, but for games with big attendances there's potentially a safety issue. Although we went down this path a few years ago, see the 2011 thread I've reposted.
chewy380

Postby Ian Livesey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:14 pm

chewy380 wrote:Couldn't agree more. It's inaudible at most games unless you're in the main stand which is annoying, but for games with big attendances there's potentially a safety issue. Although we went down this path a few years ago, see the 2011 thread I've reposted.

Maybe some of the speakers in the main stand could be pointed outwards in an attempt to reach parts of the ground the others can't reach.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC