Leamington

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Leamington

Postby mike1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Pitch inspection tomorrow at 10.00. Precautionary? Have the frost covers been used at all over the past few nights?
mike1

Re: Leamington

Postby ste faz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:07 am

Precautionary.............probably necessary .Doubt if the covers have been used yet as the club tweeted for volunteers for a practice/trial run this coming Sunday !
ste faz

Postby andrewa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:26 pm

A routine win? Any thoughts on the game please, the attendance, recurring problem of missed chances? outstanding players etc. Thanks.
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:48 pm

I don’t really know what to say Andrew. It was ok. We missed a lot of chances, they were one of the worst sides I’ve seen at this level yet they created some chances and against a better side we would have conceded. Any team with pace up front would tear leamington to shreds. Teague and leather were excellent as was Urwin. Haughton was a class above as usual. The rest weren’t great. We are much better team than them but today we weren’t at our best and we are still crying out for fresh legs up front. Nothing on the bench attacking wise worries me. 800odd attendance
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:03 am

It's funny Tempie, the Leamington match report cites our pacey front line as one of their problems today! I think we should be hammering teams like Leamington, but we aren't. We continue to make loads of chances and our lack of completion of chances remains very low. Fresh legs? They're out on loan learning to play "mens football" ! There are no game changers on the bench,surely one of our younger untried players could be given a chance?
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:44 am

it’s 3 points and that’s what matters. Ref was decent for once
Tempie

Postby andrewa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:38 am

Yes it's 3 points, Kidderminster will be a different challenge. Mind you we usually play really well against teams from the higher end of the table.
andrewa

Postby Prodigal son » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Thought we were decent first half, totally in control but as already said should have been 4 up at half time, two good goals, well placed header from Teague from Haughton's kick and then Carver finishing well on the stroke of half time. Not sure what happened second half, we either took our foot off the gas or ran out of steam, but we dropped off and they were allowed back into the game, good job they were poor because it could have been difficult had they got a goal back. Generally decent performances all round but new energy up front was needed for the last 30 minutes, two very late subs again which I don't really understand but 3 very welcome points.
Looking forward to the game with Brig as I am keen to see if some of the youngsters get a start again on Tuesday.
Prodigal son

Postby mike1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Prodigal son wrote:Thought we were decent first half, totally in control but as already said should have been 4 up at half time, two good goals, well placed header from Teague from Haughton's kick and then Carver finishing well on the stroke of half time. Not sure what happened second half, we either took our foot off the gas or ran out of steam, but we dropped off and they were allowed back into the game, good job they were poor because it could have been difficult had they got a goal back. Generally decent performances all round but new energy up front was needed for the last 30 minutes, two very late subs again which I don't really understand but 3 very welcome points.
Looking forward to the game with Brig as I am keen to see if some of the youngsters get a start again on Tuesday.

Fully agree with the above. Once we got going after ten minutes or so, we were excellent first half and certainly should have been out of sight at half-time. Credit Leamington with a much improved second half when they showed glimpses of what they can be on a good day. Apart from Teaguey's goal-line clearance (superb anticipation there!) they didn't really look like scoring. We seemed to lose midfield control in the second half and could not build the same sustained pressure. Jake was probably the missing link at that stage. Still, I'd have gladly taken 2-0 before the kick-off.
mike1

Return to Chorley FC