Mid-season Predictions for League

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Mid-season Predictions for League

Postby VictorEPark » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:18 pm

The old VEP386 computer has been up and running again with some surprising predictions for the end of season.
Salford will NOT win the league (unless they go on a mighty spending spree).
Harrogate and Kidderminster (I know, we play them tomorrow) to go up. Harrogate as Champions, Kidderminster to win playoffs.
1-3 Harogate/Salford/Kidderminster
4-7 Spenny/Blyth/York and one other
8-10 Just outside the playoffs will come Chorley along with Bradford. And Brackley. But Chorley need to be careful as another printout with slightly different algorithm based on current form puts Chorley in bottom 6.
There’s a long way to go 'til April, but the VEP386 is usually pretty accurate last season predicting Top 6 within 2pt margin of error. And of course teams can bring in fresh faces. But as only two can go up, a time has to come to save your cash for a push next year. Perhaps give younger players a go,
VictorEPark

Re: Mid-season Predictions for League

Postby mike1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:32 pm

[quote="VictorEPark"]The old VEP386 computer has been up and running again with some surprising predictions for the end of season.
Salford will NOT win the league (unless they go on a mighty spending spree).
Harrogate and Kidderminster (I know, we play them tomorrow) to go up. Harrogate as Champions, Kidderminster to win playoffs.
1-3 Harogate/Salford/Kidderminster
4-7 Spenny/Blyth/York and one other
8-10 Just outside the playoffs will come Chorley along with Bradford. And Brackley. But Chorley need to be careful as another printout with slightly different algorithm based on current form puts Chorley in bottom 6.

Always interesting to see the VEP386 predictions! I wouldn't argue with most of them but would be astonished if one of the most consistent teams, i.e. Brackley, failed to make the top 7. Unless of course the computer shows us going down there and winning just when they needed the three points. I hope the fear of a bottom 6 finish from Printout 2 is not realised, though without a certain young man's goals we'd be there right now, not to mention the £120k(or whatever) windfall from the FA Cup. Let's hope Soapbox's hint of an imminent signing proves right and that it is a 'proper' signing not just another temporary addition. I appreciate that the management team are fully alive to our needs and I understand the difficulties they face in securing the signatures.
mike1

Re: Mid-season Predictions for League

Postby mark » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 am

I too feel that Harrogate might win this league. They were very impressive last week I thought. The main thing I hope is that the two promoted sides are full time teams. This week we had to play two full time sides back to back which is a very tough assignment.
mark
Site Admin

Return to Chorley FC