Kidderminster with no Haughton

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Kidderminster with no Haughton

Postby Ed » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Big game, but where's Haughton?
Last edited by Ed on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ed

Re: Kidderminster

Postby Soapbox » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:17 am

Haughton was ill. In terms of the game, it was quite a good competitive game, but which the ref never properly managed. When their no 11 wasn't sent off for punching Chally 4 times, whilst on the floor, it then triggered the ensuing brawl. I have never witnessed such an inept performance by a ref at any level, from Champions League down to level 8. After speaking with people who were in the stand the brawl was kicked off by their bench with Vermo, their manager and a sub being sent off along with Chally ( why? ). Apparently their 11 was in the thick of it and stayed on the pitch effing unbelievable!
Soapbox

Postby charnock1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 am

https://youtu.be/i-3cuCEt9k8

Sounds like this mon would have had them under control
charnock1

Postby andrewa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:33 am

Looking at the video It looks like hefty fines possible for both clubs. Just what was needed, I suppose it will be described by the management as "passion"
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:05 pm

Yeah Andrew. It doesn’t look good not a good advert for non league football and by all accounts (despite what soapbox said) neither was the game. I didn’t go last night. You were right about the new signing not starting Andrew. I’m also struggling to see why we took Mooney away from a loan at bamber bridge? There’s just very little to be positive about at the moment. What was the attendance?
Tempie

Postby chewy380 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Att 790. We started well, much better with 4 at the back. Both full backs getting forward & playing some good stuff ON THE FLOOR without creating any clear chances.
After 30 mins we started smashing it forward & it petered out from there. The Ref was truly awful from his 1st whistle. Challi & their 11 should both have gone for their brawl & the mass brawl would have been avoided.
chewy380

Postby chewy380 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Where have you seen the video?
chewy380

Postby andrewa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Yes Tempie we seem to be ticking all the wrong boxes at the moment. I know its mid week but that fixture would oreviously have attracted 1000 ++ easily. If we are not careful we could end up with our previous reputation as a "non-footballing" team with a rubbish pitch and personnel who are up for a fight. Remember the time it took to re- establish the reputation of the club and supporters after that awaful Chester game. As it is last night's fight video is out on You Tube and is attracting all the wrong type of interest. Someone on the Kidderminster forum even said he had always found the Chorley fans lovely people, he asked what has happened?
It doesn't take a lot to tarnish the image of a club, no matter who caused what, poor ref, injustice and so on, behaviour like that is unforgivable, a poor advert for non-league and for the club.
andrewa

Postby Paul Brennan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:31 pm

This was a very very poor game of football -there was a lack of any sort of quality from both sides -and the pitch, for once, was decent and not to blame. Many more passes missed their target than got there, there was virtually no save to make from either keeper (barring a hopeful punt into the box that nearly crept under the Kidderminster bar).
Agree with Tempie re Mooney -presumably he thought "OK sign for Chorley -more game time at a higher level" -looks like he was wrong on all accounts. Question is how long do the current forward line get to gain "more composure" and score? It's four and counting since the net bulged.
Most CFC players were way under par -3 and 4/10 at best IMO.

Re the atmosphere etc -it wasn't helped by some opposition fans claiming Chally had been "fouling all match" and was the chief culprit in it all . He wasn't completely innocent but how their no 11 escaped any punishment is beyond belief. It's also been said elsewhere that Vermo was subject to abuse by Kidderminster directors -if true, shows that neither team nor fans comes out of this well.
Paul Brennan

Postby Soapbox » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Does Andrew A ever go to a game, as he seems to draw conclusions from games based on heresay and limited highlights on youtube
Soapbox

Postby Tempie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Soapbox wrote:Does Andrew A ever go to a game, as he seems to draw conclusions from games based on heresay and limited highlights on youtube

That’s a bit pathetic and childish soapy! Do you not like the fact that he doesn’t use the same rose tinted glasses as you? Face facts-
-in the last 10 games we’ve won 10 points.
-we also lost to marine during that time.
-we are the second lowest scorers in the league.
-we haven’t scored in 4 games.
-the same attacking players are still be selected.

Those are facts not opinions! Judging by those FACTS I think anyone is entitled to form the opinion that all is not well!

And before you point to this glorious FA CUP run. We beat 3 teams, non of which where in a higher league position than us. Yes it’s 30 years since we last made the 1st round but that isn’t something to be proud of. Plus previously we would have had to play more games against higher league opposition to make it. Lastly it wouldn’t have happened but for haughton single handedly beating Boston!

Haughton isn’t our player but without him we’d be in deep trouble. That’s only my OPINION though. Assuming I go to enough games for you to allow it??
Tempie

Postby Soapbox » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:28 pm

The trouble is that every opinion you have is negative. Its not a case of half pint empty - I don't think you even have a glass. We beat Salford, battered Southport home and away, beaten by a fluke against Harrogate and more than held our own against Kidderminster who are one of the form teams in the league. Granted we obviously have a big problem scoring goals, which MJ and co are trying to address. Whats the option get rid of MJ and put the development squad in the first team managed by ?????????????????????????? - FFS!
Soapbox

Postby andrewa » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Soapbox wrote:Does Andrew A ever go to a game, as he seems to draw conclusions from games based on heresay and limited highlights on youtube

Just a few facts to put this straight.

1 I have supported Chorley for over 40 years and used to attend all home games and quite a few away ones, I have witnessed the highs and lows.
2 The comments I make are based on facts ( see Tempies post re this)
3 The fight was covered on You Tube you don't have to go to games to necessarily make comment on this.
4 A fight like last nights brings the club into disrepute nothing to do with the rest of the game which I have not commented on.
5 I don't get to many games I live much too far away. My comments are not all negative and are often encouraging and positive. I would never comment on a specific game unless I had seen it. I just pass views based on experience of football over the years and with respect to the fact that we have limited resources and funds and more often than not do the best we can.
6 i don't expect miracles from the club but do agree broadly with what Tempie says and what he says is based on pure fact and not negativity.
7 If you read any of the decent forums of other clubs you will see debate, conflicting views,constructive suggestions and humour. This in my opinion is what a forum should be about.It should also be something anyone, anywhere can contribute to.
Last edited by andrewa on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:22 pm

You sound like the man himself! Are you Matt Jansen in disguise??? We didn’t batter Southport at all home or away! We had a good 15min at the start of the away game, we should have scored but we didn’t!! In case you haven’t realised, scoring goals is a pretty big part of football! If you don’t do that how can you have played well?? You didn’t!! That’s like saying “the cricket team team played well in the ashes but just didn’t score any runs or take any wickets”. It’s also a bit insulting to the opposition! Gilchrist missed an absolute sitter in the Southport away game too. Every interview he does is the same. The we took 1 point off a team that has only won one of their last 10 and that was against us. Yes Harrogate scored a fluke against us but they had other chances and missed a pen.

You say he’s doing something about the lack of goals! Then why are the same forwards still playing? Why are we still setting up so defensively? Why aren’t we getting bodies in the box? Why is Mooney here if he’s not getting used?

Hand on heart do you think that Garry flitcroft would have persevered with carver and walker for so long? We’ve needed a striker for over a year now.

I’m not even going to mention the development squad because frankly I can’t see the point in it at the moment.

And yes you know what! If things don’t improve results wise and mentality wise then yes maybe at the end of the season maybe it is time for a change!! I’m sure Matt is a lovely bloke but no one is bigger than the club.

In terms of who! Well perhaps someone who knows the lower end of non league football not just football league contacts. Maybe Steve pilling of Prescott cables.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that though.
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Could not believe that we started yet again with the same non scoring strikers, signed Metz before Saturday, he was lucky to get on when he did due to Hughes injury,otherwise he would gave had 25 minutes maximum, then last night, same again and Brewster did get the last 25-30 minutes, meanwhile Mooney sat on the bench all night.
Will we see a change on Saturday, you wouldn't put money on it!
Haughton was a massive miss last night, Wilson and Whitham very poor. Teague and Jordan were very solid and though not a fan of Beesley thought he had another decent game. Perhaps we might see Blakeman playing some football in the midfield when he returns, but then that might mean MJ would have to omit O'Keefe, and we all know his "stats" are phenomenal, shame he does so little when actually with the ball.
Chatted to one supporter last night who had written off Brewster before he had kicked a ball! Then again the same person said Haughton was useless!
Prodigal son

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Poor that. On the flip side I go to EVERY game and my opinions are mud to some people.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby Ian Livesey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:04 pm

I've been banging on about the corner routines we use for some time now, and in the last 4 games we've had 32 corners. We've used the corner routines 32 times and scored 0 goals.

Last night, Kidderminster's best two chances came when they had two free headers from two corners taken to the 6 yard box area in the half nearest to the corner flags. We've got Andy Teague and Stephen Jordan/Scotty Leather who can head the ball well amongst others, who should be getting into this area and create mayhem.
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby andrewa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Ian Livesey wrote:

Poor that. On the flip side I go to EVERY game and my opinions are mud to some people.

Not sure if you mean my contribution is poor or Soapbox's post is poor...

My reason for posting on the forum was to keep in some sort of contact with the club I have supported most of my life.
Also I wanted to help reinvigorate the forum and get people posting again, as it gives me a link to the weekly events on and off the field.

If people would prefer me not to post in future then just say so and I will stop.
andrewa

Postby Prodigal son » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Keep on posting Andrew, the rose tinted spec brigade have caused enough folk to stop using this forum, your opinion is totally valid and valued, no doubt we will disagree on some matters but carry on posting!
Now roll on Saturday and a win away at Curzon! COYM
Prodigal son

Postby andrewa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Cheers for that!
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Keep posting Andrew. Ian was talking about soapbox not you. I’m looking forward to curzon. It’s a nice little ground, queue for pie is huge tho! So if you get there first prodigal feel free to get in them in!!!
Tempie

Postby Prodigal son » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Ha ha, never eat pies etc at football grounds, except humble pie when another of my score predictions goes out the window cos we need a new striker. Any way our loss is Colne's gain, wonder which one will be next.
Prodigal son

Postby Tempie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Any way our loss is Colne's gain, wonder which one will be next.[/quote]

Jordan southworth
Tempie

Postby Paul Brennan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Very disappointing re Harry P -hope he does well at Colne and proves he was capable of contributing at CFC -obviously Colne see something we don't. We (Sheila and I) put £100+ into the Development Squad last season via CST pledges but we will certainly withdraw from the pledges scheme now -what's the point? Bring back Darr -play him -and get Mooney on the pitch too.

Andrew -please keep posting -your views are always thoughtful and balanced.
Paul Brennan

Postby mark » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Pratt was nowhere near our first team based on what I saw against Colne, I think the only time he has appeared for us. Does anyone disagree with that? If he wants to go there for first team football then good luck to him.

I support the development squad through the pledges scheme. I think that it will take time before we see significant traffic between the Under 21s and the first team. We have seen a few step up in the Lancashire Cup games, plus bizarrely Darr v Fleetwood. I would like to see more of them used on the bench especially when we are otherwise naming players who are injured and never going to play. But I genuinely don't think it's the case that we have lots of players knocking on the door. Southworth and Darr are the two that I have seen who I think could be in the first team squad. That's just my opinion of course, I haven't seen much of either and there are many Under 21s I have never seen play. I've never been to an Under 21s match.
mark
Site Admin

Postby Prodigal son » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:24 pm

As you say Mark, all about opinions, in my view Pratt was good enough and physically developed enough to play "mans football", agree that Darr and Southworth have the talent, perhaps Darr needs to fill out a bit, several of the other lads at U21 are very promising, including Declan Evans, and I have watched the U21's a number of times.
In view of the Manager's policy of not playing them even from the bench we may just as well scrap the idea rather than fund other clubs development.
Prodigal son

Postby 2 4 Joy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 pm

andrewa wrote:
Ian Livesey wrote:

My reason for posting on the forum was to keep in some sort of contact with the club I have supported most of my life.
Also I wanted to help reinvigorate the forum and get people posting again, as it gives me a link to the weekly events on and off the field.

If people would prefer me not to post in future then just say so and I will stop.

Keep on posting andrewa. Your views are just as valid as anyone elses. Considering you don't get to watch any games, your views are much nearer the truth than many who go to all the games!There are some who come on here who would believe Matt Jansen if he said the Pope wasn't a Catholic!! Any critisism of the club is frowned upon, instead of being accepted as someone's honest view that should at least be listened to. I was at the Kidderminster game and it was dross. This is what the team looks like without Nick Haughton.
2 4 Joy

Postby Ian Livesey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:23 pm

andrewa wrote:
Ian Livesey wrote:

Regarding Soapbox's post
Ian Livesey
Site Admin

Postby JP » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Thanks to Josh for letting the walkers go into the sponsors lounge for this game.
JP
MIS Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Postby Ed » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Ed wrote:Big game, but where's Haughton?

... going to end up eventually?
Ed

Next

Return to Chorley FC