Brig v skem

Talk about the Magpies. Be respectful to others, no swearing, insulting posts or libellous remarks please.

Moderators: Ian Livesey, Pete Rothwell, Moderators

Brig v skem

Postby Tempie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:13 pm

I’m off to this today to have a look at darr and the other 2 lads we have at skem. Kieron charnock is at brig too although I can’t see him coming back. I suspect brig will put a few past skem.
Tempie

Re: Brig v skem

Postby Tempie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Finished 0-0. In terms of an assessment of the chorley players involved, I wouldn’t say any are ready. Darr is quick, direct and makes good runs. He got in behind and was brought down resulting in a red card for former chorley man Adam Dodd. If he played in side with more quality he’d get in behind more often BUT he’s lightweight and his decision making isn’t great. I’m not convinced he’d have much impact starting games at our level but off the bench he could cause problems (possibly). Tyler rufus did ok and worked hard but he’s a long way off our level. The lad I was most impressed with was jack lenehan. He played well and went about his business quietly yet effectively. He had a fair few shots from distance and general did nothing wrong. He was the only one of the chorley lads not to get subbed.

On a side note Kieron charnock was one of the best players on the pitch. Very very comfortable at that level.
Tempie

Postby charnock1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Thanks Tempie

Have you ever thought of getting hold of Matt and the gang and doing a bit of scouting
charnock1

Postby andrewa » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:55 pm

Now that would be a good idea!
andrewa

Postby Tempie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:31 pm

Haha I’d love too but I think I’d be just about the last person that Matt would listen too! I enjoy watching players. Pre season is always good for that. I remember saying I’d seen enough of Enoch elumba 10mins into his second game against Darwen, I was amazed that we signed him. To add balance though I thought Sefton Gonzales had a lot about him! I hadn’t taken into account his fragile mindset. BTW Regan linney playing on both flanks for brig had some talent, not sure how old he is (looked young). But he looked like he might be a difficult character to manage temperament wise. As we know waddacar could have and could still play at a higher level but chooses not too.
Tempie

Postby magpie1875 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:38 pm

Tempie wrote:Finished 0-0. In terms of an assessment of the chorley players involved, I wouldn’t say any are ready. Darr is quick, direct and makes good runs. He got in behind and was brought down resulting in a red card for former chorley man Adam Dodd. If he played in side with more quality he’d get in behind more often BUT he’s lightweight and his decision making isn’t great. I’m not convinced he’d have much impact starting games at our level but off the bench he could cause problems (possibly). Tyler rufus did ok and worked hard but he’s a long way off our level. The lad I was most impressed with was jack lenehan. He played well and went about his business quietly yet effectively. He had a fair few shots from distance and general did nothing wrong. He was the only one of the chorley lads not to get subbed.

On a side note Kieron charnock was one of the best players on the pitch. Very very comfortable at that level.

Common sense at last... This is why the club send them out on loan, to help build them up from Lancashire League to get then better prepared for the Conference North level. Half a season in the Evo-Stik will see them all improved and step closer to our first team.
magpie1875

Postby Tempie » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 am

magpie1875 wrote:
Tempie wrote:Finished 0-0. In terms of an assessment of the chorley players involved, I wouldn’t say any are ready. Darr is quick, direct and makes good runs. He got in behind and was brought down resulting in a red card for former chorley man Adam Dodd. If he played in side with more quality he’d get in behind more often BUT he’s lightweight and his decision making isn’t great. I’m not convinced he’d have much impact starting games at our level but off the bench he could cause problems (possibly). Tyler rufus did ok and worked hard but he’s a long way off our level. The lad I was most impressed with was jack lenehan. He played well and went about his business quietly yet effectively. He had a fair few shots from distance and general did nothing wrong. He was the only one of the chorley lads not to get subbed.

Common sense at last... This is why the club send them out on loan, to help build them up from Lancashire League to get then better prepared for the Conference North level. Half a season in the Evo-Stik will see them all improved and step closer to our first team.

That doesn’t tell the whole truth though. There are some in our match day squad that wouldn’t look out of place playing in the evo stick, certainly on this seasons form anyway. Having seen lenegan today I struggle to see how he was less worthy of a place on the bench than Ian black. I’m not daft (contrary to popular belief) I know why we loan them out.
Tempie

Return to Chorley FC